Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Hulk Bust

Hi friends,

I am working on hulk bust. I am doing it as the head study. I started it from the base head in mudbox. Worked on proportions and overall structure as comment by others in various forums, still lot to do but.......... C & C welcome.

CONCEPT ART
hulkconcept.jpg
WIP
viewsk.jpg

and also added a temporary hair, to get the look and feel for the model.
withhair.jpg

Replies

• arrangemonk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    arrangemonk polycounter lvl 15
    hulkt.jpg

STOP MAKING HULK COMPLETELY GREEN! both movies sucked because hulk had to be green and because of the story, why not make him just more greenish than other people to look unhealthy instead of completely frog?
  • eric.
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I think you got a really good start here! His bottom lip is a bit to big, and some shapes need to be worked on. Like the neck muscle is a little to bulged up. The temple is to deep.

Keep at it!
  • slipsius
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slipsius mod
    great start! I think the brows and the lips need to be a little more sharp/pointy. right now they are just too round compared to the concept. does that make sence or did i explain that bad?

EDIT: if it were a physical clay sculpture, i would pinch the two with my fingers. with one finger on top of the brow, one on the bottom, to get that pointy look. if that helps any?
  • woogity
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    the divot at the top of the lip is too narrow, and the top lip is a bit too thin, move the opening of the mouth down about a third of the lower lip and it should make things look closer. also the delts in the photo ref are lower and wider than what you have here. pretty damn nice start tho, just little things to tweak here and there.

-Woog
  • aipash
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aipash polycounter lvl 7
    Very nice. I would make the nose longer tho. Just because when I look at it, all I can see is his little baby nose. >.<
  • achillesian
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    good choice on picking eric bana hulk over boring guy from fight club hulk
  • ankur_ssa
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks arrangemonk, eric, slipsius, woogity, aipash, achillesian.

*arrangemonk --- wil definetly make him as u suggested man, the color tone u suggested was really good buddy.

I started up this as a basic anatomy study, i am not very much stick to the concept. i just had a base idea from the concept. Wil definetely look after the crits given by u. wil make up the modifications.

Moving to next level.Wil update soon ;)
  • WipEout
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    WipEout polycounter lvl 15
    hulkt.jpg

STOP MAKING HULK COMPLETELY GREEN! both movies sucked because hulk had to be green and because of the story, why not make him just more greenish than other people to look unhealthy instead of completely frog?

Because he is green in the comics, on which the movies were based? That is kind of his schtick, which doesn't really translate well to movies, but eh.

Nice start to the sculpt, by the way. Listen to woog. I can't really add to the crits, tbh.