Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Sci-Fi Creature WIP

This is my first full Z Brush character, it is still an early work in progress, but I hoping looking for as much advice as I can get. What I can improve on, advice on how I should take it, anything helpful that can be offered, thanks in advance.

frontu.png

side.png

backu.png

perspective.png

perspective2.png

Replies

• MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    Interesting design, I think this could be quite cool.

He seems to be "falling forward" in the side view a bit, maybe tweak the upper body positioning so his centre of gravity is at a more natural point.

If you detail this up nicely and keep the large forms readable then it should be very nice :)
  • Stertman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    his center of gravity is way of.. should be going from the nose and straight down to the toes in the side view i think.. bodymass should be distributed equally on the both sides of the center of gravity.. transpose him a bit, wouldnt be hard in this kind of stage in the process.. I think you will see when you get it right..

nice design otherwise..

cheers
  • KCPanzer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thank you for pointing out the center of gravity problem, adjusted its back and legs to fix that and added more detail. If there are any other problems please point them out to me and if anyone has any advice on where I should take this I will be very happy to hear it. Thank you very much for the help thus far.

fronthw.jpg

backix.jpg

sideyr.jpg

perspective.jpg

perspective2.jpg
  • nfrrtycmplx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    nfrrtycmplx polycounter lvl 18
    looks more like a dragon/fantasy art than sci-fi. but this could be cool regardless. Keep working up the forms and try not to make him too busy. Make sure the silhouette is easy to read as a creature/character.
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    Yes this looks much more stable. Keep going! :D
  • KCPanzer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hmm, hadn't thought about that, I suppose it does. It was something that was in a dream and I've been thinking of it as an insect because of the exoskeleton, but it does in a way look like a dragon. Thinking about it I could dub it a xeno-dragon, thank you for your opinion.
  • KCPanzer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Here is another update to the creature, I really appreciate all of the help thus far. If there is anymore advice I would be very happy to hear it, I would also like to hear critiques and opinions on it. Thank you again for your time and help.

frontm.jpg

backin.jpg

sidel.jpg

perspectivea.jpg

perspective2.jpg

closeo.jpg
  • torontoanimator
    brilliant dude, all i can critique is the face doesnt have enough detail yet, at least not when compared to the rest of the body but im sure youll get to it
  • KCPanzer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The face is lacking in some detail mainly because the creature is blind, it has no eyes. You are however right that it needs more detail to its surface texture. Thank you very much for your input.
  • gilbree
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wow, I love the shapes and forms. Fierce critter. Keep up the great work, I can't wait to see the finished product!
  • kodiak
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    looks like either a monster from a Godzilla movie or like a space pirate from Metroid, both of which are awesome :thumbup:
  • Jet_Pilot
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jet_Pilot polycounter lvl 10
    looks like a pokemon
  • KCPanzer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Pokemon huh? Can't exactly say I expected to hear that, now being from Godzilla or Metroid, I can see that.

Anyways this will likely end up being the last iteration of the model before I experiment with painting it unless anyone sees any flaws that need to be fixed or advice on some things to add or change. I would really appreciate any input on how the model came out, and any critiques on the character. Thank you again for all of the support and opinions this far.

frontpb.jpg

backsz.jpg

sideg.jpg

perspectives.jpg

perspective2m.jpg

closetp.jpg

close2.jpg

close5.jpg

close3.jpg

close4.jpg