Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Tribute to the old game netstorm

Basically a tribute to the old game called Netstorm also I was bored and wanted to do the meshes and test my modeling skill for RTS game meshes! All meshes are inspired from the old RTS game “Netstorm” and it still is a classic game
netstormrender.jpg

netstormrender2.jpg

netstormrender3.jpg

netstormrender5.jpg

netstormrender7.jpg

netstormrender10.jpg

netstormrender12.jpg

netstormrender15.jpg

netstormrender14.jpg
netstormrender16.jpg

netstormrender17.jpg

netstormrender18.jpg

Replies

• Draffin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Heyy very cool. I haven't played net storm in very long time. You should take it the whole 9 yards and normal/spec them
  • ISNJH
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Guys I am currently looking for a skinner to help me skin and texture my meshes for use in a project if skinner is interested in helping me please post here or send me a PM I really need to find a skinner that can help skin the meshes so I can focus on doing the rest of the models.

netstormrender21.jpg

netstormrender27.jpg
  • Steve Schulze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steve Schulze polycounter lvl 18
    Damnit man. I gasped when I read the thread title, inhaled a pizza crust crumb and nearly choked to death. I thought I was the only person ever to have played Netstorm.

It looks like a pretty accurate reproduction for the most part. I don't recognise all the units, but that's most likely because the campaign is crazy-hard.

The necks on your Bulfs (that's the cow things in the 8th picture for those playing at home) looks like it needs to be a bit thicker to keep that heavy, chunky feel.

Are you going to make some golems and priests?
  • Ged
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ged interpolator
    netstorm rocked haha I dont remember much other than that game kept me guessing.

yeah what art style are you going for? pure diffuse flat shaded or phong shaded etc?
  • kite212
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kite212 polycounter lvl 15
    ive heard of this game but never played it im not to big into rts games, its looking good so far, for now i would tone down the lighting and just focus on all the pieces and the stage, a few of the meshes look like they need their smoothing fixed, and the meshes with textures on them need the stretching fixed on them. i think the air balloons are my fav, i cant wait to see those textured, keep it up!
  • 3DGURU
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    3DGURU polycounter lvl 17
    i think you are using blender , use global illumination man , :)

nice work .
  • ISNJH
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I have gotten a guy to help me on my project do the skinning and we are slowly starting to skin the buildings.

here is a update I got from him today!
    NetStormRigBase2.jpg

he is making some changes to the base of the model making the darker texture on the base part not so blury and more like a concrete cement type stone for the base and making a few changes to the dome.