Home Technical Talk

Help with putting a texture on a wall correctly in Unreal Editor!

polycounter lvl 12
Offline / Send Message
Hayden Zammit polycounter lvl 12
I'm having some trouble on a level for a University assignment that I need to get done fast. I'm using the Unreal editor

We're making a train platform area at the moment and I'm having trouble with the texture for the walls. The wall itself is a weird number in UT height. Its 960. Now, my wall texture is at 2048 by 2048. When I apply the texture to the wall I need it to match up right. Like, I've got a black section down the bottom and a blue section towards the top. To have them match up perfectly do I need to have that BSP wall at 1024 or 2048? Is there another trick or way around this?

thanks in advance.

Replies

• alexk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    alexk polycounter lvl 12
    Click the Texture Alignment Mode in the left bar, it's a "T" with four arrows around it. Then you can use all the transform tools on your texture to place it and stretch it properly to fit your bsp. Hope that's what you're asking for
  • JohnnySix
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JohnnySix polycounter lvl 16
    You can Right-Click wall and get the properties up for the texture, allowing you to scale arbitrarily with the numerical transform (has been available in all versions of UnrealEd )

You can then just scale the texture 0.46875 in U & V to get it down to 960.

Bot_40 wrote a brilliant tutorial about texturing BSP which can apply to any version of UnrealEd.

Can't get it at work as most gaming websites are blocked, but search Bot_40 architecture tutorial on google or whatever, you'll find it.

Think it was on angelfire or something.