Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Indiana Jones, Drake's fortune brendan fraser, influence

Hello, I've been watching some Indiana Jones movies and it made me really Indiana Jonesey. So I felt like sculpting a adventure character, and gathered some references of the sort. This is the result of a couple days and I don't want to have it to generic, maybe add some gadgets and stuff.

Any critiques on the sculpt or advice on the character design is more than welcomed.

othro_main_charac.jpg
close_up_main_charac.jpg

Replies

• praxedes
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    It looks proportionally sound and the detailing on the hands is very nice. the lower section of the shirt, where it meets the belt, looks pretty good, but the belt itself is a bit wobbly. I'm not really sold on the pockets either- the right one in particular looks "smeary". Also, his brow may be a little heavy! A solid start though!

~P~
  • poopinmymouth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    poopinmymouth polycounter lvl 19
    I like the double collar. I think in order to really sell this character, and get more replies and have a more interesting portfolio piece, you're going to have to add some more pop. Right now it's well executed but a bit boring, nothing to really drawn you in. That's ok for a background character, but I'm pretty sure you want something stronger with this piece. Maybe play with his proportions, his pose, possibly his costume design.

Also his butt looks a bit frumpy for the physique you've given him elsewhere. If it was this tight, he should have a more muscular buttox, or the pants should be looser to explain the frumpy shape.
  • Raider
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Raider polycounter lvl 9
    he may be cool, but he'll never be 4 popped collars cool

4popped-collars.png
  • poopinmymouth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    poopinmymouth polycounter lvl 19
    Raider wrote: »
    he may be cool, but he'll never be 4 popped collars cool

I'm a bad person for that being the first thing that popped into my mind too.
  • duxun
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    i feel the shirt creases are a bit melty you know... other than danny rock on man ...