Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[Portfolio] - Eric Eneback, 3D artist

Hey people!

I am a student at a school in Sweden called Playground Squad and I am currently looking for an internship.

Im also, ofcourse, looking for some feedback on both my portfolio and my stuff in it. Got a wip here to that is based on a Diablo 3 concept. Im aware of the anatomy issues, but I have no idea how Im gonna sculpt the fur thing around his legs. Ideas?

This is a pure highpoly sculpt. :)

Concept:
http://www.blizzard.com/diablo3/_images/artwork/ss85-hires.jpg

Tell me what you think!

8.JPG
8_2.JPG
8_3.JPG

So here is my portfolio.

http://www.ericeneback.com

Ciao

Replies

• Isaiah Sherman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Isaiah Sherman polycounter lvl 14
    Hey Eric,

You've got some pretty cool work on your site. In a matter of website functionality, I have a couple suggestions to make it easier for veiwers:

1. When you click on a thumbnail on the main page, the pictures that show up should not be so small. They're practically bigger thumbnails. You can eliminate 1 more tier of clicking by making the pictures 2 to 3 times larger and just have them all on one page.

2. As a result of having to click on the pictures to view the full version, it opens a new tab or window. This is annoying because the rest of the site doesn't work that way. When I was trying to click Back, I had to close the tabs... thus making me hesitant to click on the pictures because I could kind of see what they were already.

I think the easiest thing for you to do is just make the pictures larger and that will remove the necessity to click again to see the full versions.

Hope that helps :)
  • eric.
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks Haiasi! I get your point and will change it. Its just that when Im browsing through sites with alot of images I always middle-click all of them so they pop up in a new tab. That way I can browse through them faster, but maybe thats just how I do it :)

Any more suggestions?

Thanks
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    Cool stuff man. Is the internship you're looking for one of the things where the school/government of Sweden pays for you while you work for free at a studio?
  • eric.
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks MoP! Yes, that is exactly what it is :) And I hopefully get one outside Sweden.

***EDIT: just updated my portfolio a bit. Now you will see the full beauty render after the first click, but you need to click one more time to see the flats and breakdown in full quality. I made this mainly cause the breakdown and the flats will widen the browser way to much. Comments?
  • Isaiah Sherman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Isaiah Sherman polycounter lvl 14
    That's about all I have Eric. Good luck :)
  • eric.
    Options
    Offline / Send Message