Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[Portfolio] – Jeff Loftin, 3D Artist

Was hoping to get some feedback on my portfolio as I am looking for work. Please let me know what you think and thanks in advance.

www.jeffloftin.com

Replies

• Swizzle
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Swizzle polycounter lvl 15
    Your front page has a simple, decent layout, but all the picture pages are Flash. It's slow to load, not snappy enough when switching between pictures and it's just generally annoying.

Drop the Flash and go for some simple HTML pages; it'll be easier to tell when images are fully loaded and you won't want to make me close the tab as soon as I've opened it.

Which I did.

And I'm not even reviewing portfolios for hiring purposes, so you know it's got to be bad.
  • poostayn
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for the advice swizzle. I haven't had any problems with it on my computer, but it is good to know that it doesn't preform properly on all machines. I will look into alternatives.
  • joe gracey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    joe gracey polycounter lvl 11
    I'm not much with characters, but I really like the leather chair. The chest kind of bothers me. The noise you used throughout the texture is the same. I think it would be different for the wood vs the metal parts. And the sword is a good start, maybe some more wear and tear on the blade.
  • ParoXum
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ParoXum polycounter lvl 9
    And maybe change that 'Page Title' for something like your name+position+portfolio.
  • Taylor Hood
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Treasure chest is extremley noisey to me.
  • Ott
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ott polycounter lvl 13
    You should separate your characters from your environment art / game props.

Put your email on there in more noticeable locations. I gave it the quick once-over and didn't see any method of contacting you, other than a 4-font size in the resume which was hard to see.

Your resume should be download-able as well if you are looking for work. .pdf and .doc formats, with a .doc at the very least. I would also give it a little more personality than what you have right now. It looks like a programmer / chemist resume, not someone with a creative or artistic eye.

Work looks pretty good, but I would want to see more of that prop / environment art than what you have right now.
  • poostayn
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for the feedback guys! Some very useful stuff you pointed out that I definately will address, very much appreciated.