Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Assassin's come in all shapes and slices...

Hi guys, i'm concepting a new character idea at the moment for personal fun.
Thematically it's a bit of a mixed bag but the underlying idea is female assassin taking influences from sci-fi, western and modern day.

So far it's all sub-d modeling in Max (for practice) and in the near future will do detail passes in zbrush.

I've yet to do the lower half of the character, but i have done basic boots ready for zbrush - >

boots.jpg

Helmet concept - Designed for self contained breathing, stealth, heads up display (infra-red and thermal vision) and head mounted lighting

Shesassin_wip.jpg

Shessasnin_helmet_03.jpg

Cleaver pistol design (hence my ultra clever "slices" comment in the title of the thread) mashed together from various references around the net to provide a melee attack and firearm in the one weapon. I like the western revolver feel attached to a gruesome artery slicing device ;) ->

TheCleaver_01.jpg

Faceplate removal concept (basic head, still needs to be detailed up in zbrush)

Sassin_05.jpg

And a snapshot of where i basically am up to this point ->

sassin_07.jpg

sassin_06.jpg

Sassin_02.jpg

Sorry for the image bombardment, but i'm really interested to hear your opinions while i'm still in the concepting stage! Feel free to provide criticism, inspiration and ideas :) Remember this is all basic sub-d tests before i send it off the zbrush, so expect a lot more detail in coming updates once the base meshes are locked down ;)

Replies

• Sirdelita
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sirdelita polycounter lvl 10
    That helmet is soooooooooooooooo freaking badass!!! LOVE the colors!! Reminds me of portal :)
  • System
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    System admin
    Nice design and clean work, those boots look awesome!
    I hope you go a different way with her face rather than the generic cyborg thing, maybe something horrifying when the mask comes off like robocop meets dawn of the dead :)
  • slipsius
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slipsius mod
    gun doesnt look like it would function properly. the bullet holder doesnt seem to have a way to be removed.
  • ralusek
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ralusek polycounter lvl 10
    looks great. i love that helmet render
  • Forgottenhero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I agree with the above, the Helmet is great! :) The pistols need a bit of work though. It looks like the grip, the top of the gun, and the bullet drum (whatever its called) need more detail. The grips especially need some lovin'. Keep it comin!
  • 3Drobbo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    looking heaps good man! love the helmet! just like a crazy badass assassin should hottie look like!

I do believe, like other comments that the gun needs more work, compared to the woman mesh, seems like the character is more defined and nutted out.? if you get my drift. But all in all great work! cant wait to see more of in in zbrush!

CONTINUE!
  • kysterama
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for the comments! :)

The gun was modeled pretty fast so not a lot of detail has been put into yet. It's also based off a few different manga style designs so it stands to reason functionality is being overwritten by style, lol

Thanks for all the comments on the helmet! It's where the model began as a sub-d exercise that somehow became a full character along the way. This is my first proper character model so don't hold back on the crits.

I'll definitely be putting more time into just about everything you see here including the weapons. I like the idea of somehow integrating her face into the machine, but i'm going to steer away from the grotesque GCMP, lol ;)
  • torontoanimator
    i like the intention of the bladed revolver, but realistically, its not functional as it is. I'd just love to see you add some more detail to the pistol to make it jaw dropping, the character is looking good too btw lol