Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Brimstone- centaur warrior

Latest character. Blizzard inspired for the most part. Question and comments please.
371088_1252023206_large.jpg

Replies

• jmchristopher
    Offline / Send Message
    jmchristopher polycounter lvl 11
    I like it, but I think the sword is in an awkward position. It gives it an interesting silhouette, but seems like it would get in the way of his movement.

Overall, very blizzard-esq Good work :thumbdown:
  • butt_sahib
    Offline / Send Message
    butt_sahib polycounter lvl 11
    This would look so much better, for me atleast, without that harsh lighting and normals :)
    But yeah, its pretty solid. Good job. post the texture flats
  • P442
    Offline / Send Message
    P442 polycounter lvl 8
    its looking pretty bad ass. I really like his face. Maybe the hands could use a little more love, even if you just pose them more naturally than totally flat. I would also experiment with the coloring on the skull belt thing, maybe vary the color of the teeth?
  • Em.
    Offline / Send Message
    Em. polycounter lvl 17
    It's hard to tell if it's the lighting or the diffuse right now, but there's too much black right now. The metal of the sword is reading a lot like rock to me right now and it also blends in too much with his armor, some color variation in there and a different metal material would help it read better. I know Blizzard leans towards chunky, but he also seems a bit stubby right now, maybe making him taller from the waist up or something like that would help to fight that. I think your presentation is hurting a great model right now, I'd love to see it with some different lighting set-ups. Great solid work though, man.
  • Sauron
    Offline / Send Message
    Sauron polycounter lvl 10
    wow, good job!