Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

My Website/Portfolio

Hi all,
I'm a Game Art student. I don't have a demo reel yet but I do have a website showing my art work. It would be great to get feedbacks on what type of arts I should drop or keep or make more to better my display. I'm an aspired modeler specialized but not limited to characters. I can also handle intermediate rigging and cycle animation.
Here it is:
www.celescreation.com

Replies

• Mtg_kirin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    1st off get rid of that 1st page (one with the wireframe and sentence.)

2nd i like your saloon girl, but everything else seems well not to that level... so for now i would cut your examples in 1/2 and update it as soon as possible with new stuff.

the animations are cool, but your drawings again dont seem to fit the quality of the saloon girl.

so perhapos get rid of 2d (unless your looking for a concept art job) put the saloon girl concept next to the 3d model and have 1 main gallery page showing just your very best
  • pliang
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pliang polycounter lvl 17
    The font style versus the black BG makes a lot of the content difficult to read, use a more typical font.
  • bounchfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bounchfx mod
    absolutely drop the first page. you're giving people the link, they know what to expect. start it off either on 3d or 2d, or just showing off your best work in general. I think you mentioned in another thread that you like doing character art - bring that to the forefront then if that's the kind of thing you plan on focusing on.

as mentioned already, cut the content that is weighing your better pieces down. It's cool to know you've done more, but if it's not your best you probably shouldn't show it on your portfolio site.
  • Heart_Murmur
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Get rid of the splash page and making it so artwork is the first thing you see. This could be either your 3D or 2D section. Personally, I would recommend your 3D section being the first page.

Get rid of the links page, you don't want to direct employers off your site.

I'd remove the photoshopped image of yourself, it looks really amateurish. Just put a regular photo if you really want one.
  • Celes
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for the replies.
    I will work on the pages and put my 3D work as the index page. Yeah, the Saloon Girl is actually one of my later projects, along with the Dragon and the Fire Demon. I might keep the Beast for now as well. As for hard surface... I might keep a couple until I've come up with better ones. I wouldn't want people to think that all I do is characters. 2D page shall be gone, as well as the photoshop photo. Font style is a easy fix. As for the links, I think now I will only link people if their name appears in my work.
  • Celes
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Website fixed!