Home Digital Sketchbooks

Sketchbook: JeremyK

Hi guys,

My name is Jeremy. I've been a lurker for quite sometime here but I've decided to create my own some sort of work-in-progress here. Please feel free to jump in and give crits on my works.

My first entry is Magdalena, a project I've been working on for the Comicon Challenge on GA. I'm a fan of Top Cow so I thought I'd represent them this year. You probably recognize her design, since she's pretty popular this year. There are 2 other artists modeling her, including the amazing Mr. Kotter. Thanks again for looking. And you can see the progress here

2D Sketch
magdalena2DSketch.jpg

3D Sketch
magdalena3DSketch-003.jpg

High Poly

It's pretty much done, I just need to mirror the gauntlet and replace the sketch parts and make some adjustments to the head.

MagdalenaCapture-002a.jpg
magdalenaSword.jpg
magdalenaSpearCaptures.jpg

Low Poly

MagdalenaCapture-002.jpg
MagdalenaCapture-003.jpg
I'll take another capture in marmoset later since there are lot of changes since then. Also, I didn't use any spec map when I capture this. Just tweaked the specularity value in marmoset.
MagdalenaCapture-004.jpg

Texture WIP

Still needs a lot of works and I still need to practice on my texturing skill. Also, ignore the seams for now. I'll fix them later.
MagdalenaCapture-006.jpg

Replies

• JeremyK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Updated textured in marmoset (still no spec map). Is there a way to change the near clipping plane in marmoset to minimize the zdepth fighting?

MagdalenaCapture-007.jpg
  • Japhir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Japhir polycounter lvl 16
    woow nice work man! that last picture is a great update to the previous ones!
    IMO the knee armor is too big/doesn't work well with the rest yet, but it's probably taste.
  • Zack Fowler
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zack Fowler polycounter lvl 11
    Cool stuff! I would guess that adjusting the scaling of the mesh may help with z-fighting issues.
  • Ged
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ged interpolator
    been following this on GA good work.
  • JeremyK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for the comments, guys. Sorry for the lack of updates because I was focusing on finishing the entry. But I wanna share you my final entry

Beauty Sheet

JeremyKoharBeautyPage.jpg

Presentation Sheet

MagdalenaPresentationPage.jpg

Construction Sheet

JeremyKoharConstructionPage.jpg

Texture Sheet

JeremyKoharTexturePage.jpg

Concept Sheet

JeremyKoharConceptPage.jpg
  • JeremyK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    New Project. My attempt to make Donovan Baine from Darkstalkers. I'm not going for realism but I'm trying to nail down the concept art as close as possible.
    DonovanCapture_001a.jpg
  • Taylor Hood
  • JeremyK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for the comment, man! Really appreciate it. Here's an update on Donovan. C&C's are welcomed.

DonovanCapture_003a.jpg
    DonovanCapture_003.jpg

WIP texture

Donovan_wip_4.jpg
  • andy1318
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    andy1318 polycounter lvl 9
    really nice human models, I like the detail put into them.
  • JeremyK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wow, it's been a full year since the last time I updated my sketchbook. But I'm gonna try to change that. I'm gonna try to post more often here whenever I'm not busy.

I always wanna do some kind of punk/Suicide Girl so this is the result I got after I "Frankenstein" some Suicide Girls. It's still really rough and the UV is still a mess. I just wanted to do more interesting stuff, like texturing and less boring stuff, like unwrapping UV's (I just used UV Master in ZBrush 4 to unwrap). Anyway, I'm planning to add eyelashes and work on the body next. I'm going for old-school approach so I don't think I'll be working on the ZBrush model of her. This is mainly for texture practice.

Any C&C's are welcomed. Thanks in advance.

P.S. Do you guys think she's cross-eyed?

BelladonnaCaptures.jpg

Extra. Just for fun since Halloween is approaching. For those who aren't familiar with the manga, she's Franken Fran, a mad scientist. The manga is weird and pretty gory but reading it really reminds me of Fringe. Happy Halloween!

Franken_Fran_70_percent.jpg
  • SimonT
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SimonT interpolator
    really nice stuff! the magdalena highpoly & bake is just great. I think the metal parts of doesn't pop that good out - but the rest is really cool. Maybe the colors are a bit too saturated to look like metal or the reflections aren't strong enough, don't know exactly ...