Home Collaboration & Unpaid Work

Help Finding Models

Hey my name Carlo Cherisier,I'm a student at Full Sail, studying how to become a Setup Artist. I'm approaching my Finals month now and I'm having a real hard time trying to find models. I have look at plenty of websites that sell models but since they don't show edge flow I rather not waste money in a bad model or a Z-brush model. So I was wondering if anyone had any models (Bipeds, Quads, Toons, anything) that they were willing to donate show that I could put on my reel, or if they knew of any modelers that were willing to give there stuff out. I would give credit to who ever model it was and give them the rig to use. So any help would really appreciated. Thanks for your time.

Replies

• isilme
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I'm not a legal expert, so do this at your own risk, but I know with alot of games you can extract the player models from them. Off the top of my head, anything valve makes, warcraft 3, unreal tournament, and I'm sure lots of other games too. I know people re-texture existing models, so I don't see how re-rigging is any worse. You can find alot of these at fpsbanana.com if you don't own the games, although you might need to get a program to extract them to a workable format. Also, I know Spacey just released a bunch of amazing low poly TF2 characters for download on this site, although I'm not sure exactly where. Other places to check out would be 3dtotal.com, creativecrash.com.
    Just a google search for "3d character rig" turns up alot. Hope this helps