Home Technical Talk

speed up PS CS3 + CS4

sublime tool
Offline / Send Message
renderhjs sublime tool
a free tool (no installation ~300 KB) lets you define which plugins photoshop should start with and which fonts should be excluded. This should speed up the boot time and reduce the hick ups it gets often inbetween.
You can also reset the changes you made with this tool to the adobe defaults.

photospeedup.gif

http://www.acropdf.com/products.html
-> Photoshop SpeedUp
what a ugly interface and website -_-

Replies

• throttlekitty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nice find!

Speaking of, anyone know of an easy tool to edit .8bf plugins? I've got a few scattered ones and hate having a long filters list. I've hex-edited a number of them to group them up better, but it would be much easier to have a little app for it.
  • |Buddy|
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    |Buddy| polycounter lvl 11
    Thats pretty much what i did manually and mentioned in the 3DSClean thread, nice to see an application for it however.
  • Japhir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Japhir polycounter lvl 16
    |Buddy| wrote: »
    Thats pretty much what i did manually and mentioned in the 3DSClean thread, nice to see an application for it however.

except that this is for Photoshop and not for 3ds Max.
  • animax
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    animax polycounter lvl 15
    Speaking of photoshop stuff..any one knows a way to add auto save feature to PS?

Note: I'm aware of the frequent pressing of Ctrl+s button also works...:)
  • renderhjs
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    renderhjs sublime tool
    well does it crash as often as max?, no I guess so no need for me for such a thing. I am happy to press ctrl + s each time.
  • Muzzoid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Muzzoid polycounter lvl 10
  • michi.be
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    michi.be polycounter lvl 17
    Why does it need a speed enhancement? CS4 needs 3 seconds to start up after clicking the icon to the first document....
  • dejawolf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dejawolf polycounter lvl 18
    michi.be wrote: »
    Why does it need a speed enhancement? CS4 needs 3 seconds to start up after clicking the icon to the first document....

is that from a fresh boot, or did you close and reopne photoshop just now.
  • Yozora
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yozora polycounter lvl 11
    michi.be wrote: »

because 1 or 2 secs is faster than 3!

And mine actually took about 8secs before I manually moved all the presets and plug ins... now it takes 5 secs
  • michi.be
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    michi.be polycounter lvl 17
    If I open it up the first time in a session.

To be honest I don't bother if it takes 10 or 3 seconds to open. I open it once and its running the whole day in the background.

I noticed a massive speed improvement in loading times as I brought myself a Velociraptor a year ago. Plus another improvement after using my 8GB Ram with a deactivated swapfile files in vista x64.

But even befopre this upgrade I was always happy with photoshop performance.

max2010 need a lot longer then my old max9. this is a bit more annoyin. :)
  • ChrisCox
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Plugins in Photoshop are loaded on demand only -- removing them only saves milliseconds at launch (when we check to see if they've been changed since last launch). Removing them won't affect run speed or memory usage.

A *huge* number of presets or plugins might make a noticeable slowdown in launch time (because the OS takes time to index all the files when we check them for changes).

And every once in a while someone moves the application (like to the desktop), and it has to search the whole hard drive for plugins (kinda slow).