Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[Portfolio] - s33th

So, I finally got around to updating my portfolio and I just wanted to get some feedback on the layout and content. I'm currently trying to land a job as a character artist and I was wondering if I'm going in the right direction.

my portfolio

Replies

• breakneck
    Offline / Send Message
    breakneck polycounter lvl 13
    my quick comments:
    layout:
    it would be nice if the thumbnail links on the bottom simply loaded the image in on that same page instead of a whole new blank page that makes me use the browser back button to get back to your site.
    IMO i would use the dark elf as the first character on the site because he looks cooler.

Content:
    the most obvious gripe that I have about the art work is that the diffuse texture seams a bit "first pass". I think it would help to add some more color variation (example: soldiers uniform and the dark elf skin tone) Maybe some tweeks to the diffuse along with the spec would really make these not look so flat.

other than that i think the posing is really affective and the modeling looks sharp.
    now make more stuffz!!
  • conte
    Offline / Send Message
    conte polycounter lvl 18
    great stuff, man!
  • Steveo53
    Might i suggest a shadowbox or Lightbox way of presenting your images when the user clicks on them. It's kinda tedious to have to click on them then hit the back button on every image (as lazy as that sounds lol) also its just a much nicer way of presenting your stuff, it blows up in a big box in your face and lets you tab through them! Or like break was saying maybe just have them load up on the same page. just anything but going to a new page! lol

Other than that i like your stuff alot, very impressed with your work ^^
  • Japhir
    Offline / Send Message
    Japhir polycounter lvl 16
    great stuff! I instantly recognised some of the characters from the original concepts (I thought about modeling those as well ;)) which means it's great similarity!
  • d00kie
    Offline / Send Message
    d00kie polycounter lvl 17
    you have great attention to detail in the facial area across all your models. It made me smile.
  • mLink
    Offline / Send Message
    mLink polycounter lvl 10
  • JasonLavoie
    Offline / Send Message
    JasonLavoie polycounter lvl 18
    double post... my bad
  • JasonLavoie
    Offline / Send Message
    JasonLavoie polycounter lvl 18
    Very very nice work, fantastic.

The layout is nice and simple... if it was up to me though, I would like it so maybe if I click on the main image it goes to the next one... not clicking on the separate images at the bottom which opens up the image in the same window (maybe make it a separate window)... I've never like sites that do that.
  • s33th
    Wow, thanks everyone. The comments are really encouraging.

I'm looking through the lightbox type plugins for the site and see if I can get one of those working... I'm not the best web site person so it might take me a bit of time.