Home Digital Sketchbooks

Sketchbook: YBourykina

Hi I’m still completely new to the forum and I wanted to start up a sketchbook to both watch my progress and get critiques so I can better myself. Particularly the last one, so if you see something that bugs you or anything you think could be done better don’t hesitate to mention :D
Also I’m a student and I’ve only been seriously using Zbrush for around 6 months, so I’m still trying to figure out the whole process. I know the beginnings and have a good idea about what to do at the end but I’m still hazy with low polies and re topologizing, so that’s where I am going to be struggling some.
Thank you for taking your time to view my sketchbook.

This is Dauthus Briggan and I’m working on him for my portfolio, he's my third zbrush character model, the concept is by Cole Eastburn.
I’ve reworked his base a few times so he’d have a better feel to him, and also reshaped all the armour to fit this new base.
His body still needs detailing on the skin like the last one, but…not quite as much and more asymmetrical. I’m highly inspired by Gears of War for that.
The process I learned to go through was box model a base in 3d max and take it into zbrush and once it’s all nice and sculpted, export out a decent subD level and bring that into max to build clothes that will be thrown into Zbrush for sculpting as well and that’s where I am at with Briggan.
Concept:
bourykinaybriggancoleea.jpg

New Base:
bourykinaybrigganfront.jpg
bourykinaybrigganquarte.jpg
bourykinaybrigganside.jpg
bourykinaybrigganback.jpg

A few things still need to be built, most of the armour is actually pretty much done but I’m posting it in the first division for now.
His hands are from the previous model, though they were still edited and they don’t match the rest of the body perfectly, but that’s why there are vanbraces over them.

Clothes:
bourykinaybrigganfrontq.jpg
bourykinaybriggansideba.jpg

and this is the first base I did for him and it's a fail:

bourykinaybrigganfrontq.jpg
bourykinaybriggansidebap.jpg

Replies

• Yura
    i’m taking a previsualization class, though it’s more like conceptual and design, but it’s getting me back into drawing.
    these are some thumbs for a “syfy” character and my old character Jenesis that I am revamping probably.

bourykinaysyfythumbs.jpg

bourykinayjenesisthumbs.jpg