Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Sky city - steampunk/fantasy scene

polycounter lvl 12
Offline / Send Message
teaandcigarettes polycounter lvl 12
Hello guys
My name is Damian Lazarski and this is my first post on the Polycount forums, although I've been a regular visitor and I found it helpful many times in the past.
Some of you might know me from the Crymod community, where I regularly show progress from my work on a TPP action/adventure modification called "The Unknown" (here's the link for those who are interested).
I have decided to study a games design course at the university, this year and during the past few months, I've been focused on learning as many things related to the development of video games as possible.
Since I am always looking forward to improving my skills and hearing feedback and critique (and I've seen some pretty harsh critique here ;)) I have decided to post some early renders from my new project.

I will be creating a scene inspired by the steampunk style and early Final Fantasy games (although I should count in FFIX as well), which will be rendered in the CryEngine2 once it's finished.
To focal point of the scene will be an airship heading for a city floating in the sky via giant propellers.
I am currently making high-poly model of an airship and I would love to get some input and critique on the work done so far.
It's still quite early, but I would like to hear some feedback regarding the basic concept.
airship.jpg

Some details on the engine.

enginem.jpg

I will be creating high-poly models first, to get a grasp of the look, and move later to creating low-poly models.

I am a little bit worried about the texturing, since my skills in that area are not-so-good, but I hope that I will be able to push myself further with some guidance.

I'm looking forward to your comments and critique :)

Replies