Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Creature 1

ThumperKV
polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
ThumperKV polycounter lvl 7
Hi all,

Been working on this for a little while now. Hope you like...

Charcolor_1.jpg

Charcolor_2.jpg

Charmodel_1.jpg

Charmodel_2.jpg

Replies

• jocose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jocose polycounter lvl 11
    Hey ThumperKV ,

It's hard, for me at least, to read what's going on inside his silhouette. You may want to consider changing the colors in parts of the texture or emphasizing some details in some way. Otherwise it's all kind of blending together into a mess (especially at this distance.

I think your untextured sculpt actually reads better than the textured one.

Aside from the that the overall silhouette and design seams pretty good. You may also want to post some wires and other views if you want to get feedback on more than just the design. Also having all the shots at the same distance makes a bit hard to tell what some details are.

You have, what appears to be, some pretty solid features in there. It's just hard to see what's going on right now.

Some close ups might be useful. I hope that helps. Oh, and welcome to PC.
  • ThumperKV
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I didn't even notice but it looks like this forum caps the image resolution. Those images are supposed to be really big. I want to say something like 4000 by 1350. Is there a way to post the images so they appear their real size or do I have to crop little close-ups from the original image?

Thanks for the feedback BTW. I designed this character to have a ton of detail. That was where I was coming from and with this resolution limit I've run into it's difficult to see the detail in there.
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Polycount doesnt cap anything, it looks like photobucket capped them.
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Polycount doesn't cap anything, you should look into photobucket's upload settings, it looks like its resizing them there(if you view just the image it is resized)

Tho 4000x* is a bit large to post, i would post like a 1200* image with a link to the larger ones personally. Polycount will resize automatically(and let you click to enlarge) so huge images arent really a big deal tho.
  • ThumperKV
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ahhh you're right. I don't think it can fix that in photobucket without upgrading or some crap like that. I'm in the process of updating my portfolio. Should have the webpage updated by Monday. I'll just jump off it then. Thanks for the help all...

also, 4000 is the width. I always find it easier to have a wide image when its the same character rotating that way I can just scroll it to see the different views of it.