Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

WIP Grendal Police Officer

I'm working on a mod for Valve's Source engine called Grendal, and decided to post up some work I've been doing over the past week on a character I'm intending to incorporate into the game. The character is one of about four variations of law enforcement characters which will appear at the beginning of the game, so I'm planning on modeling a few more heads and possibly another body type (overweight, skinny).

I've pretty much finished the mesh of the head and will start UV Mapping it soon. But I would just like to hear your opinion and crit on anything I could make better or should fix up, especially concerning the hair plans and mouth region. I'm also planning for facial animations once the body is more complete.

Here are the wires:

wip_grendal_police_officer_head_b30.jpg

wip_grendal_police_officer_head_b31.jpg

wip_grendal_police_officer_head_b32.jpg

wip_grendal_police_officer_head_b33.jpg

And here's a high poly render where I also tested some face posing:

wip_grendal_police_officer_head_ren.jpg

There's also some mesh underneith the hair planes which make up the construction of the scalp, I wasn't sure wheather or not to delete it so I've just left it for now. It seems like a waste of polys because the player is never going to see the scalp as it'll be always covererd by the hair. Would it matter of I deleted the scalp, would I have to cap it off?

wip_grendal_police_officer_head_b24.jpg

And here's a WIP of the body which I am working as we speak:

wip_grendal_police_officer_14.jpg

Replies