Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Free female basemesh

I recently purchased a new computer which opened up some new doors for me, most notably Mudbox 2009/10 which would not run on my previous machine(also Crysis on the highest settings! It's a truly beautiful thing!). But anyways, after installing the Mudbox 2009 trial and playing around I decided to to go find some new basemeshes to play with...
I scoured the net looking for a good female basemesh, as I already have a solid male mesh from Arshlevan(I can't find the link or I'd post it). I came across onehere that was pretty good, but not perfect, I messed around with it a lot before getting something I liked. But then I decided to make my own female basemesh, it was a new challenge because I've never made a successful female before... but anyways, here's what I came up with, I used BradMyers82's from above as 3d reference but tried to maximize the polyflow, and make the face less finished/ more sculptable. I figured I would post it here for you guys to play with. Please download it, use it, edit it, do whatever. It's my gift to anyone who wants it. Let me know what you think, or post your sculpts here... Enjoy.

wires.jpg

smooth.jpg

Get the .obj here!(drop.io, if there's someplace better let me know...)

Also, please note that this has not yet been unwrapped, that is not one of my skills, I'm terrible at it. If someone wants to unwrap it and repost feel free... feel free to do anything with it.

Replies

• BradMyers82
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BradMyers82 interpolator
    Thief! heh heh, j/k.
    Nice job man. Yeah, that base mesh I supplied did have some issues, and it is a lot more developed than Arshlevan's, so I can see the need for one more simplified version.
    Incidentally, I did come across this base women here: http://lounge.ego-farms.com/showthread.php?t=1422

You have to log in (registration is free) to download it, but it seems pretty solid and is worth a look.
    I wouldn't be surprised if arsh made this one too. It looks very similar poly flow wise.