Home Digital Sketchbooks

Sketchbook: ThornedVenom

polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
ThornedVenom polycounter lvl 8
Hi, my name is An-Tim Nguyen and I'm currently a third year Game Art and Design student at the Art Institute of California - Orange County. I've been following Polycount for a little while (it was recommended to me at first by a teacher I used to have named Don Ott, very inspiring guy) and after getting used to the fact that Polycounters don't bite unless someone really deserved it (and for all the good reasons), here I am posting some of my artwork on here for the first time.

At first I was a little bit lost as to what I really wanted to focus my specialization on, but after having the opportunity to talk with several professionals at GDC this year, I've decided that I really wanted to focus on modeling 3D props and especially environments. Hopefully through Polycount I can get some useful feedback, make some progress and become a contributing member of this online community.

With all of that said, CRIT ME OH MIGHT CRITTERS! :poly142:

web1.jpg
web2.jpg
web3.jpg

These are a few props I had worked on from beginning to end for an independent project (currently named "The Cartel") that several students at school created in the Unreal engine (it is also being submitted to the "Make Something Unreal" contest by Epic Games.) All of the textures were rendered at 1024 because we weren't given any limitations for in-game optimization (the tech team is probably going to compress them afterwards.)

The presentation style isn't final but yeah, enjoy these art sheets.

Replies