Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[Portfolio] - Murry Lancashire

polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
Muzzoid polycounter lvl 10
Hey guys, im in the process of making a new portfolio website.

I'm not really happy with the content so im going to work my way through it all and polish and replace everything before the end of the year, but for now this is just to try and snag an internship for the last part of college. (hopefully ill finish my dwiv entry by then....)

Im mostly looking for crits on the site. Im going to rework the colours but im not sure what to do with them, and im going to redo the header image much better.

Still needs alot of work, but i thought i would post it in its wip stage.

http://www.muzzoid.com

Replies

• Muzzoid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    new direction...
    blah2.jpg
  • d00kie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    d00kie polycounter lvl 17
    i very much enjoy the little image at the bottom of your page.
    needs MOAR finished 3d content. oh yes. :thumbup:
  • Muzzoid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    wip header
    propoganda-1.png

Cheers guys. Yeah i know the 3d content is lacking, im working to fix that!

There is a bit too much twinning in the angles of the girl that make her weaker than she was in the previos wip... ill fix that.
  • REKLAS
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I think the orange/yellow-orange that you originally had looks better against the gray background. Most headers usually don't take up as much vertical space as this does, but if you make it really awesome then no one would probably mind it. Just something to be aware of.
  • BradMyers82
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BradMyers82 interpolator
    Hey man, the site works for me. But if you have a group of images, I think it would be better to have just one thumbnail for them all, instead of a separate thumbnails.

The life drawing look very good, and the concept art is pretty nice.
    My main crit is with the 3d. I know your working on it, but the one animal; well tbh I'm not sure what it is, and it seems to be the center piece of your portfolio. I think if nothing else, you should show the concept art behind that piece so we know how close you transferred it to 3d. You have some very good traditional art, so not to worry, the 3d will come quickly to you.
    Good luck!
  • rasmus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Muzz wrote: »
    new direction...
    blah2.jpg

I like those colors!

Site wise, it seems like you could bunch together your thumbnail sections to take less space, maybe eliminate the need for scrolling entirely. Also, resume/experience? Other than that, crank out quality shit and you're good!
  • Muzzoid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cheer guys!

Ill put up a resume, and ill look at fixing up the thumbnails.
    Would it be an idea to compile all the doggie wip things onto one sheet? That would solve those problems i think.
    I wont be able to touch this up till next week as i have an art test for an internship to do :).

Brad: the dog was an impulse model based of a few small sketches in my sketchbook, but i might put them up next to it just to show what i was basing it off :).
    I agree my 3d assets are very minimal, but i intend to change that in my next few months before i gradutate :D.

Rasmus:
    Yeah those colours are indeed stronger, ill probably go with something like that :D.