Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

WW2 German Infantry

Hiya. I've been reading these forums for quite some time but haven't posted any work of my own until now. It is a great resource from which I have learned a tonne so I'd like to thank everyone who make these forums great.

I'm currently working on making a character artist portfolio .(I'm in the last year of a swedish 3d school so I'd like to spend the last semester as an intern at a games company).

During summer I've spent some time working on a ww2 german infantry game character. Right now I'm done with the modelling and quite a bit of the texture work. As soon as I finish the textures I'll make a rig for him and possibly some animations. (never done a facial rig before so I'm looking forward to that part).

For this character I've tried to stay as much as possible to realism and historical facts and I've been spending hours and hours looking up references for uniforms and equipment.

Niklas%20Elling%20WW2%20German%20Inf%20090816%20.jpg

Please give me feedback and advice on how to improve. Especially on the texturing part since that's what I'm working on right now.

I'll try to post updates regularly as I keep working on this.
(If anyone's interested the model is 11 007 tris.)

Replies