• Joseph Silverman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joseph Silverman polycounter lvl 17
    Perfect argument in 4 fragments from another forum:

okay, i'll go over it again

people can't afford health insurance

we are forcing them to get health insurance or pay penalties

how does a subsidy that reduces the price of something you can't afford to a price you still can't afford helpful?

It isnt. But a feel good bill representing a moral victory for the left may do a lot to alleviate public fears about real healthcare reform, so we'll see how it pans out.
  • MainManiac
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MainManiac polycounter lvl 11
    African was short for typing out African American, didn't feeling like typing it out a bunch of times.

This is a funny thread, ill report back here for daily lulz. But ill refrain from posting because you guys are so open minded your brains have fallen out.
  • Slum
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slum polycounter lvl 18
    frell wrote: »
    SupRore, in all honesty i cant tell if you're trolling or being serious. Its the way you're wording everything thats making me iffy.

I hate to say it, but its reality. We may sound racist but we aren't at all. Come to America for vacation, ask any african why they like obama. 8/10 "Because he is black". I actually asked that to a kid in my school and that was his exact reply.

In you're defense PIMM, you do live in Europe and don't see the full extent of America and the way people act. Whats seems like stereotypical racist comments to you are very true here, and i have dozens of friends, black ones to, that will agree.

If he hasn't been in America for a while since 2008 then it wont really matter.

I'm pretty sure Africans live in Africa. People who live in America are called Americans.
  • aesir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aesir polycounter lvl 18
    Yea, we know it's not 'solving everything'

But it's much needed reform. It saves the country money (eventually)

It would be nice to be able to help all of our poor in a myriad of ways, but this is all we get.

And for the people who can't afford health insurance, it should be significantly more affordable.

It's a step in the right direction.
  • poopinmymouth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    poopinmymouth polycounter lvl 19
    Point of interest, I'm in pretty dire need of some medical care myself, but have no insurance, and no money...yet I'm STILL against Government run health-care simply because I feel our inept Gov is too incompetent to handle the task. I mean, this is the same group of yahoo's who've bungled Social Security, Katrina, multiple wars and so much more. I don't think I want to give them the control over my health(care) as well thanks.

I'm not a fan generally of Mitt Romney, but he said something great during the last election. "If you think healthcare is expensive now...just wait till its free"

Now, healthcare reform and oversight I am a bit of a fan of. Between torte reform, limitations on med school costs, administrative costs for insurance companies and hospitals, exorbitant doctor salaries, pharmaceutical costs and profits...I think we can come out of this without resorting to handing our healthcare over to the Fed Gov. I believe the companies/organizations involved can still find a way to compete, be profitable and still provide compassionate effective care within a new set of more sane, affordable guidelines.

Well first of all, what insurance do you want them to stay out of, you just said you had none. You want them to stay out of nothing?

Mitt Romney is an idiot, my absolutely free icelandic healthcare costs less a year than you paid in taxes when you weren't unemployed, but it's better and everyone has it, instead of only 60% of the population.

So which is it? Is the US great or not? because every non-3rd world country manages to run a UHC which provides superior care than the American one. So is the US so incompetent it can't handle something even THE DUTCH!!! can? (/sarcasm)

Lol, the US already tried for-profit insurance. It doesn't work without massive regulations like Germany has, and the US has shown itself incapable of properly regulating the market in this regard. Why bother to save/reform the companies that got us into this mess? Oh yeah, because as Americans we are brainwashed from birth to idolize wealth and protect it at all costs even when we are starving and homeless with no possibility to ever rise out of the 150k bracket for the rest of our lives.
  • poopinmymouth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    poopinmymouth polycounter lvl 19
    SupRore wrote: »
    It isnt. But a feel good bill representing a moral victory for the left may do a lot to alleviate public fears about real healthcare reform, so we'll see how it pans out.

For once we are in complete agreement. I'm just glad I can watch from a country with the highest medical quality of care in the world.
  • MattQ86
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MattQ86 polycounter lvl 15
    African was short for typing out African American, didn't feeling like typing it out a bunch of times.

This is a funny thread, ill report back here for daily lulz. But ill refrain from posting because you guys are so open minded your brains have fallen out.

"African American" itself is a bit racist when referring to black people because it...

A.) assumes everybody who is black is from Africa, and couldn't possibly be have lineage from Haiti, India, Trinidad, Dominican Republic, Brazil, Australia, or Jamaica...

and

B.) They're American, because there are no black people in, say, Europe. Certainly not France or the UK...

Also there's the fact that not everybody from Africa is black...

Also there's your suspiciously specific denial from a couple pages back...
  • low odor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    low odor polycounter lvl 17
    Teeeooook rrrrr jerbs!!!!!
  • bbob
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The plan will put a cap on how much money doctors can make, and we already don't have enough doctors to support this plan. So as soon as young wanna be doctors hear about the salary cap they may have second thoughts of spending hundreds of thousands of dollars for the education needed. We also wont have enough resources to support this plan either..

I'm sorry, but this is way ignorant.

I think I heard somebody quote the number $220 as the maximum for what doctors can charge an hour with that new bill. That is at the very least 8000 dollars a week.

Now I do not know the exact price of getting a medical doctorate in the US, but you said hundreds of thousands, so lets calculate with $500.000.

lets say if he works 8 hours a day, 5 days of the week, then that half a million is earned in 16 months. Lets be fair though, a guy gotta live, so lets say he pays back the entire thing in two years.

I don't know about you, but in my part of the world, thats not a bad time-frame for paying back a student loan.
  • r13
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    r13 founder
    Ok, I think this thread is done. Thanks for playing.

You don't have to go outside, but you can't stay here anymore.
This discussion has been closed.