Home Technical Talk

Move Pivot on Skinned Mesh / Biped

polycounter lvl 14
Offline / Send Message
pixeldamage polycounter lvl 14
I rigged and skinned a biped but now our programmer needs the pivot point moved. I can't seem to do this without screwing up and offsetting my character from the biped by however much I move it by.

Is there a way to move the pivot points once skinned? If not what would you do in this situation? I want the skinned mesh/biped to stay exactly how they are and just move their pivot points. Thanks in advance.

Replies

• Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    See PM for longer explanation.

- Copy mesh at bind pose, snap shot, or clone/collapse.
    - Move pivot on copy.
    - Skin wrap new to old, convert to skin.
    Optional: Flog programmer with lead pipe.
  • pixeldamage
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pixeldamage polycounter lvl 14
    Vig wrote: »
    See PM for longer explanation.

- Copy mesh at bind pose, snap shot, or clone/collapse.
    - Move pivot on copy.
    - Skin wrap new to old, convert to skin.
    Optional: Flog programmer with lead pipe.

ahaha!!! yeah its not his fault really as this is all new ground for us all. I come from a modelling background and have done very little animation before (just a walk cycle tutorial and a few bits and bobs for the odd job). This snowboard game is a real challenge but i'm enjoying it and have a lot of responsibility being the only 3d artist and now animator here. I think what was actually wrong is that the boarder wasn't on the origin and it seems that the pivots might not now matter (after spending all day trying to fix them!). Now i need to get the border onto the origin with the animation...