Home Collaboration & Unpaid Work

ISO: Sci-Fi/Futuristic Character, Weapon, or Environment Concepts for HL2 Mod.

Hey there,

I represent an in-progress HL2 mod and I'm looking to shell out a bit of cash to get it rolling. I'm not looking to pay much, and this is mainly just for artists who want something on their portfolio or just want to help us out. You maintain all ownership of the art and are welcome to put it on a resume or portfolio. I'm talking like $5-$8 here, so I realize that's extremely low and I don't expect much, but like I said, this is mainly just for those who are going to do art anyway and its an extra $5 for doing what you were going to be doing anyway. I do not need the multiple angle, 360 shots, incredible concept art shots. Just looking for some basic sketches and possibly coloring of something good to look at.

The style itself is a futuristic high-tech power armor character. Armor is fairly similar to UT3 or Gears. A document will be to sent to you with several reference pictures if you need it. I will not be providing an exact visual description of the character needed as it really doesn't matter and we don't have an exact armor look in mind, so imagination is needed. The reference pictures will give you a great idea though. If you didn't want to do a character, I'm also open to weapon or environment concepts, which also follow the same style as the character. The concept of the game also involves playable "robots" which we also need concepts for, which could provide for some pretty unique art, so that option is available as well.

So if anyone is looking to make a quick $5 or so, feel free to contact me through e-mail or MSN at Chandler-T@hotmail.com.

Again, I realize this is an incredibly small amount of money, so I'd like to avoid any comments on that subject. I'm a poor college student so its about all we can do right now.

As always, I'm also open to volunteers that want to help out with the actual project. We have a pretty interesting concept and would provide some great experience for any budding concept artist who wants a released title on their resume. You can check out our site at http://www.troubleshootgame.info

Thanks,
Chandler