Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Akaranseth - jbrophy

jbrophy
polycounter lvl 17
Offline / Send Message
jbrophy polycounter lvl 17
Started a new character based on Confrontation's Akaranseth. The confrontation stuff is awesome if you have not seen it. I am hoping to bring this all the way through Marmoset since I have not really had a chance to toy with that.

I did not do the drawing!!I did not do the drawing!!I did not do the drawing!!I did not do the drawing!!
akaranseth-2-1fde3.jpg

Jbrophy_CP_Progress06.jpg

Replies

• mLink
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    mLink polycounter lvl 10
    That's a neat concept, I'll have to check out the other stuff.
    Lots of potential in this, looking forward to seeing it progress some more.
  • slipsius
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slipsius mod
    just 1 small thing. the eye brows look TOO alike, i think. they are both big buldges. kinda looks like its just duped. maybe adjust those a bit. cant wait to see the finished product though! !
  • Zotter
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wow, that's really interesting concept, cool :D

Though the jaw and neck of the model seem a lot broader than they would be on a chibi character like in the concept. They seem big in the concept but they still read as impish character, the head on the model looks like it belongs on something much bigger.
  • jbrophy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for the input. I went back and reworked the face more to the suggestions. Once I went back it was obvious how far off I was on the head. I get sort of tunnel vision modeling. Bad monkey. I still have some serious issues bewteen model and concept I need to work out. Tossed in some stitches for temp just to see how they look. Right now just symmetrical. I also stubbied(word?) up the horns as I think they were making him look larger in scale.

Jbrophy_CP_Progress07.jpg
  • NyneDown
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    NyneDown polycounter lvl 11
    Looking pretty solid so far man. So did you do the drawing? (Kiiidding! :) .) As far as crits go, the one thing that does catch my eye are the ears. They look a bit different from the concept but I'm sure that was a design choice of yours...I would have probably dont the same thing. But the tulip-like look in the concept does add a bit more character, me thinks.

Keep on rockin yO!
  • hobodactyl
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hobodactyl polycounter lvl 18
    Hey man, I LOVE the Confrontation designs, and your sculpt is looking very cool :D Keep it up!
  • slipsius
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slipsius mod
    great touch ups! lookin real good!
  • jbrophy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nyne - Hrm yeah I guess I deviated some. Do you mean just smaller?

hobo - Yeah all of that stuff is awesome. So many things I want to make from it.

Slipsius - Thanks

Tightened up the face some and made the stitches assymetrical. Worked the horns a little. I am going to shape the horns some mroe and then move on to the body. I will do the final details once I get everything blocked in like this I think.

Jbrophy_CP_Progress08.jpg
  • parasyte7
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    parasyte7 polycounter lvl 19
    Looking great Jesse. I think he needs more eyes though.
  • conte
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    conte polycounter lvl 18
  • NyneDown
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    NyneDown polycounter lvl 11
    jbrophy wrote: »
    Nyne - Hrm yeah I guess I deviated some. Do you mean just smaller?
    [/img]

Sorry about that man, I probably didnt elaborate enough =) In the concept, the ears are folding inward quite a bit...like there's a lack of cartilage. I thought it was an interesting part of the concept design so that's why I wanted to point it out to ya.