Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Souped up Nailgun

I've developed a concept for an Unreal mod, involving making a souped up nailgun that would shoot railroad spikes.

RailGun_Concepts.jpg
I'd like to know what silhouettes for the gun people like best, personally I'm leaning towards a rifle or shotgun shaped gun.

And the character to go with...

Character.jpg
There are probably a lot of mistakes with anatomy, but this is just the initial scribble for it...

Replies

• Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Justin Meisse polycounter lvl 18
    shotgun/rifle shaped is boring! I like the nailgun image right below reference G, a nailgun should be stubby and mean looking.
  • Evil Krisp
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    i disagree a rifle shape would work. G matches the characters style. try doing one that resembles a revolver that would work really well with this style of character. a tommygun would fit too.
  • GugloPWN
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    You have to make sure people can see the spikes, otherwise it might as well just be a rifle. I like the revolver/tommygun idea, reloading railroad spikes one by one would send the right message! I would even suggest sawing off the front, make it a hand cannon. Since you're shooting such awkward ammo you know its not for practicality, really lay it on thick.

The character doesnt give me that "Railroad construction" vibe. Too scrawny not enough scruff, show me the chest hair! Pick ax for his melee weapon, panning gold when he has the time... maybe thats just me?
  • oobersli
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oobersli polycounter lvl 17
    i like E and D. Since it shoots nails which are pretty crude in terms of ammunition, go for something short, stubby and burly looking. Just making a rifle shoot nails is boring and typical.

maybe get some ref for handguns and and even some Hydraulic tools

emergency rescue tool
    Holmatro_hand_powered_combi.jpg