Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Forever Samurai [Flash game]

acc
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
acc polycounter lvl 18
omgwtfbbq, I don't pimp things. What's going on? This game is not being pimped. You cannot try my beta of it here and tell me what you think of it. Not allowed!

These are not screenshots from it.
screenshot1.jpg
screenshot2.jpg
screenshot3.jpg

IE 7 or 8 recommended. Firefox sucks balls at running Flash, unfortunately.

(the GamerSafe stuff actually doesn't work yet: It's not activated atm. Just ignore it. It's extra anyways)

Replies

• HAL
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HAL polycounter lvl 13
    Wow played the beta but got killed by the boss :( anyway plays really smooth
    I like it :D
  • renderhjs
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    renderhjs sublime tool
    You cannot try my beta of it here and tell me what you think of it. Not allowed!
    I don't understand that, just don't link if we are not supposed to test it.

looks like an art based engine with everything drawn in flash using vectors. I had to close other tabs in order to run it okay.
    - The visual style is not very rich and looks like many other flash games
    - with all the vectors to be rendered on each frame performance could be way better with bitmaps or cached vectors.
    - the loading time was a bit long compared to what I expected, I am guessing 7+ MB? You could load sprites and animations for each level or stream them to cut down the first loading time. But I guess you want to dumb the game on a game portal that wont allow you to split the game into several files.
  • cycloverid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cycloverid polycounter lvl 15
    I got stuck and died :(.
  • whats_true
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    whats_true polycounter lvl 15

Hi! Welcome to the internet. It has sarcasm ^_^

The mouse attack moves thing got me stuck a few times, as it kept going one way when i was drawing it another way.
  • acc
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    acc polycounter lvl 18
    renderhjs wrote: »
    internet_serious_business2.jpg
    Haha, don't worry dude, we all miss things. Unfortunately there is no way to cache this game as bitmaps without crashing flash due to memory overload or making people download half a gig. I've cached what I can. I'm not sure what you are referring to by "not very rich", though. I mean c'mon! I even used purple. Games don't have purple. How much more rich can you get?
  • LoTekK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    LoTekK polycounter lvl 17
    The visuals hurt my eyes. Literally. There's so much color, and lack of variation in saturation and value, that the art blends into this mess of an acid trip. Might want to tone down the background art, since right now it's relatively easy to lose sight of enemies and your player.