Home Collaboration & Unpaid Work

Modeller looking for programming tutor

Hey,

I am a modeller, but I really would like to learn how to program, specifically in C or C++. I have taken programming classes in highschool, but they were in C#. I have an understanding of classes, etc, but I would really appreciate it if someone could take the time to help me learn how to code, as it is a dream of mine to be able to make an entire game, utilizing the Quake 3 or maybe even the Quake 4 engine. (if it ever gets released)

If you would be interested, please give me a shoutout here, or the CDG forums.

Thanks for your time.

Replies

• LuckyBro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Good day Rang3r1,

I would like to introduce to you the smokin guns project (link to the project).
    The project is a small friendly community. We had't any modeler since 2005 (or maybe even earlier), so we have to use old models. (I'll create a topic here later about it)
    But we have some coders (including me), so we may show you some techniques and answer on your questions concerning quake3 and its modifications.
    You may help us with our code while you will be learning the Q3 programming (it is C only). If you'll like the project, of course.

Use this IRC channel to contact me or other developers of smoking guns: [URL="irc://irc.freenode.org/#smokinguns"]irc://irc.freenode.org/#smokinguns[/URL]

Have a good day!
  • Lamont
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lamont polycounter lvl 15
    Where are you located? I have some books back at home you are welcome to.