Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

My first gun - Benelli M4 Tactical

Hey guys!

So heres my first gun. Any comment or critique are welcome.

And Ive just started a portfolio blog if you want to check it out.
http://ericeneback.blogspot.com/

Hope you like it!

allinone_final2.jpg

Wireframe

Flats

Cheers

Replies

• jacob07777
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jacob07777 polycounter lvl 14
    Damn good job, I can't think of any crits at the moment. Awesome work for a first attempt at a gun!
  • LEViATHAN
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    LEViATHAN polycounter lvl 11
    Some minor inaccuracies, mainly the fore grip and sight, but looks pretty neat overall, albeit a bit too dark for my tastes. Could've cut some more polies judging by the wires. Though I understand that the gun is in real life rather bland, you could brighten up the bolt to contrast with the rest of the frame.
  • eric.
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks guys!

LEViATHAN:
    Could you specify the inaccuracies?
  • Jarod1872
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jarod1872 polycounter lvl 10
    Pretty sweet man, although I've always thought that gun was incredibly ugly to start with. Nice work though!
  • eric.
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hehe thanks Jarod! Im not really a gun fan, but maybe it is an ugly gun, I just grabbed one :)
  • eric.
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Made a new version of it. More like the original.

Hope you like it!

allinone_final_dark.jpg
  • Surface
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    the new texture is way better, adds much more realism to it. The scratch on the left side of the gun right in the middle takes a bit too much attention and looks a bit dodgy, try removing it real quick and then preview it, small change but it would prob look a tad bit better ;) , also the loops on your handle could of been ended a BIT earlier, not necessarily follow through all the way around, to save a few tris ;) Overall great work!!!
  • Racer445
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Racer445 polycounter lvl 12
    It's much better now with less grunge, however it's far, far too dark. It's near pitch black for me.
  • eric.
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Surface: Thanks man! Yeah, I noticed that the scatches there were a little too dodgy.

Racer445:
    Thanks! I guess it looks nicer without the grunge, but its so boring to make it all clean looking, and to easy imo :) To dark, huh? Hmm, well, for me it isnt. I can try to brighten it up a notch, but from the ref I used it is really dark too, so. Well, it should look nice to everyone, so I'll brighten it up :)

Working on a red dot sight atm. Have barely started, but it is on its way!

**Edit: Oh, almost forgot! I really enjoyed your tutorial racer, the AK one. Thanks for that! I liked the brushes :)