Home Collaboration & Unpaid Work

Wanted: Graphics Artist for Revenge of the Evil Aliens II (XNA Game, 50/50 royalties)

Gentlemen!

After the immeasurable success of the XNA game Revenge of the Evil Aliens (over 99 sales in one month!) the production of a sequel is unavoidable. Unfortunately I feel that I have seen all that Google Image Search has to offer, as well as burning through most of my favours with friends and colleagues for the first part.

So for the second XBLA installment I would like to partner up with an artist. I have tried the XNA forums, but it is frequented mostly by programmers.

Read on if you are interested!

What I expect to get out of this:

- Good graphics! The game uses "prerendered 3D sprites" so a knowledge of 3D modeling will be helpful. I would describe the general style of the game as "campy horror, bordering on cartoony". The website (see above) has screenshots and the game's trial is downloadable from the Xbox Community Games tab. You can contact me for additional information if you're interested.

- The first game features roughly 10 sprites, as well as three levels worth of background and cutscene images. Plus an assortment of graphics for random stuff. I plan to reuse some of the sprites and effects, but I'd also like to make the second part slightly larger in scope.

- This will be a hobby project, to be worked on in off hours. I expect a timespan of six months, if not more, until completion (the last project spent 5 months in playtest alone).

What you can expect to get out of this:

- We will split the proceedings 50/50, after deducting any costs for extra assets (like music). You're not going to get rich off of this - the first game's sales have ground to a halt after a net earning of $160. But, you know, it's a nice bonus. Plus it might be a ridiculous hit. IT MIGHT! ;)

- There is a high chance of this project being completed. This is not an MMO pipe dream that will never come to fruition. Much of the engine can be reused from the first game, which also acts as proof that I can see a project through to completion. If you're looking for something for your portfolio, this is it.

- I have the levels planned out only on a very global scale, and even that is not set in stone. You will have a great deal of creative input. For reference: my method of operations for the first part was to simply fit any piece of art I could find for free into the game. If you can make something cool, we can find a place for it in the game.

Contact information:

Can be found on the Evil Aliens website.

I will post a reply here if I find someone to partner with. If there is no reply that means the job is still open :)