Home Technical Talk

Changing spline order for cross sections?

[Deleted User]
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
[Deleted User] polycounter lvl 18
Is there a way to change the order/numbering of splines within an Editable Spline object in Max to get them to work properly with the CrossSection modifier after attaching other Editable Spline objects?

What I'm trying to do is connect several sets of ES objects that were made with the Advanced Painter toothpaste script. So I've got a bunch of circles lined up to make a long curvy tube that conforms to another mesh in my scene. I had to do them with multiple strokes to go all the way around the object. So I deleted the cross section and surface modifiers from them, attached them to eachother, and added the modifiers. So the numbering on the splines (the circles) is going like: 2-1-7-6-5-4-23-22-21-20... along adjacent splines, where I'd like it to go: 1-2-3-4-5... for the CS modifier.

Is that something that's changeable after the fact, or would they have to have been created in the proper order first, before attaching them?

Replies

• NoisyMonk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I can't think of a simple fix to this.. but the long way would be to detach every spline from the spline that you want to be the first one, and then re-attach them in the order that you want them to go.
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The edit spline menu is rats nest of buttons...

Click the spline knot/vert you want to be #1 and click "make first".
    If you need to reverse the order, select the spline in spline sub-object mode and click "reverse".
    If you need more knots/verts use refine to click/add them to your spline. Need less, just delete them.