Home Technical Talk

Folder and Icon problems

So I've got Max 9 but I have a problem with my max icons.. they have a weird notepad icon -.- I was tyding my folders... I had a long day of problems with installing and I put it in the wrong folder and the user configs are screwed up and in my documents when they are ment to be in the program files folders. How do I go about changing my icons to get them to max ones? -.-

Edit : The type of file is a max file and it's still a notepad icon.
I think I've screwed up my folders.. I'm gonna run into trouble some time.

Replies

• Taylor Hood
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Come on, as stupid as it sounds I really need your help. Is there a real folder of where to put your max files? I can't find it and I still have notepad icons as max files.. i've probably screwed up my max version
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    LoM Chaos wrote: »
    I've probably screwed up my max version
    Nope just your file association. Reinstalling would probably fix it but that's a little extreme. You could right click a max file and choose "open with" then choose "choose default program". Browse to the 3dsmax.exe and make sure to check on "always use the selected program to open this kind of file".

It will switch the default program that open .max files from notepad.exe to 3dsmax.exe

If open with doesn't show up in the right click menu, try holding ctrl+right click, or alt+right click. I think in XP it doesn't show up by default.