Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Warhammer 40K Sentinel (High poly/Low poly vehicle)

polycounter lvl 17
Offline / Send Message
Wahlgren polycounter lvl 17
Next time I post I think I´ll have the high poly pretty much done.

I also think i will use this for two projects. One high poly and one game art. I want to try and learn some cinematic stuff which means i have to optimize this sucker.

Now it´s just a messy mess of mesh which makes me kinda hesitant to post wireframes (at this stage).

Sentinel_WIP_07-22_01.jpg

Sentinel_WIP_07-22_02.jpg

Replies

• Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Looks really cool! I really like the detailing on the legs.

At first I didn't understand the rock, thought it was part of its foot.
  • Wahlgren
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wahlgren polycounter lvl 17
    Yeah the rock sucks right now.

Forgot to mention that I based it heavily on this one ( http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/dsent.htm ). As you can see im missing quite a bit of parts and some proportions aren´t quite right but it´s getting there.

Anyway. Im straying a bit from their concept and will try to incorporate things from different models/versions. After all. Every reference image i have is different. :)

EDIT: Thanks by the way.
  • BradMyers82
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BradMyers82 interpolator
    Hey man this is really cool. Keep going and don't be afraid to add some details of your own.

I blocked out the Space Marine Wolf Dreadnaught last week and was gonna post when I got it properly sub-D. So I know how challeging this can be to get propotions right and all.

I'm looking forward to seeing more! :)
  • Nistrum
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nistrum polycounter lvl 9
    lol you caught me oput on the FW sentinel there. i used to work for GW retail and i was thinking... wait a second, sentinels dont look like that :P i gotta say, something isnt sitting right with me... im not sure what it is but ill think on it and see if i can pick it out
  • Sirdelita
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sirdelita polycounter lvl 10
    That is looking really nice! There seems to be some tearing on the main body? Maybe?