Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Egyptian Temple WIP

Hello everyone, after lurking around here for awhile (very very awesome pieces of work as well as artists here) I decided to post a little something of my own. This is what I am currently working on, its planned to be an Egyptian themed temple set in a mountainside a' la Abu Simbel. Its obviously missing ALOT for the moment, but some near future additions will be pillars and statues and the circular object in the middle is planned to become a large piece of decor, a winged sundisk perhaps. the end result is planned to be weather-worn and ancient as well as have the surrounding terrain appropriately in the same state. This is my first solo project from my own vision and, while Im proud of it so far its not perfect so any pointers and crits would be encouraged and helpful. Mainly the thing that irks me is my architecture, I want it to scream egyptian, and something about the buildings seems off. Anyone have any helfpul tips on ancient egyptian architecture? oh and I have little window things on both outer buildings though you cannot see them very well.TEMPLE_WIP_by_deviousSam.jpgTEMPLE-WIP-130019802

Replies

• Bruno Afonseca
    what makes egypt look egyptian is the egyptian iconography, which i don't see any!
    and post some wires too, it's hard to see anything the way you rendered it.
  • devioussam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    very true, iconography is on the way, im still trying to tackle how to start and where to place all the large pieces (like defining symbols and statues and the pillar designs... etc) this is in a very infantile stage and I posted to maybe get some advice with..well.. things that would help me out lol. apologies for the shitty pictures (dont know how I missed including at least one wireframe image *shrug* ) maybe I should have been further along before I posted what I was doing, but anyways, heres some shitty wireframes...
    WIP_temple_something_by_deviousSam.png