Home Collaboration & Unpaid Work

Programming Student Looking To Team Up With Amateur Artist For XNA Game

Hi folks

Hi Folks

I am a computer science major at Western Michigan University. I have the goal of one day becoming a professional game programmer. But I need to build my portfolio.

I would like to work with an amateur level/sprite designer who is also looking to build a portfolio.
I am thinking of making a fast paced Sonic the hedgehog style 2D platforming game.
This style will require good animation skills above everything else.

Other than that I don't really have a character or a design in mind. So I am very open to discussion on how the game should look and how the story should be told. Any and all ideas are welcome. You will have just as much creative input as me.

Please don't expect much in the form of payment. I do not expect this team to come up with anything sell-able anytime soon. So professionals need not apply. Instead think of this as a way to hone your skills as a video game artist.

And if we actually build something we can sell then we can discuss payment at that point in time.

I hope to find someone I can have a lasting working relationship with. Let me know if you are interested!

Send me a PM!