Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Roller Girl WIP (nudity)

polycounter lvl 15
Offline / Send Message
edoardo polycounter lvl 15
Hello everybody,
this is the first time I post my work on polycount but I check this forum pretty much every day since it's one of the few places where you can find some really useful information about character and enviroment modeling for games.

Anyways, I definetly could use some help with this girl I'm modeling, she's supposed to be a young, possibly pretty, rollergirl. As soon as I'm done with the high res I'm gonna try to make it game res.
Clothes and hair are just place holders so far.

I still have to model skates and tube socks :).
I still have to sculpt:
arms
hands
feet
clothes
hair
shorts
shirt

Sorry for the long post, I hope to receive some critique or advice since unfortunately after a few days in front of the same thing I'm not sure I can trust my eyes anymore. :)

rollerheadfront.jpg?t=1247928670

rollergalbody.jpg?t=1247928720

rollergalbodydressed.jpg?t=1247928772

Replies

• Nizza_waaarg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nizza_waaarg polycounter lvl 15
    haha, i really like the character and expression in the face for some reason :)
    Base body is looking cool so far, not digging the clothes placeholders but i'll prolly have to reserve judgment until it's a bit further along.
  • adamlewis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey Edoardo, nice to see you here.

She's already looking really good at this point. Both her face and body are very nicely done. Only crit I have right now is her feet (though I realize they are still incomplete), which appear to curve too far inward along the plane from her ankle to big toe.
  • mikezoo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    mikezoo polycounter lvl 14
    when you say rollargirl, what are you implying? Like 1950's soda shop girl on rollerskates? Or you thinking like badass roller Derby chick?

I think, with what you got, roller derby chick would be cool. Those chicks can take a beating! and then dish it out! Not to mention hot!:)
  • BradMyers82
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BradMyers82 interpolator
    Yeah, when you said roller girl I though Heather Graham from boogie nights.

Your progress so far looks good, but I think it would really shine if you could make a likness, like Heather Graham. :)
  • butt_sahib
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    butt_sahib polycounter lvl 11
    lol @ brad

" possibly pretty" thats what i wish stays with you till the end. :D
    Looking awesome. :)
  • edoardo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    edoardo polycounter lvl 15
    Nizza_waaarg: thank you, and yes you're right about the clothes, I worked on them just a few minutes but definetely in the wrong direction if we're talking about sculpting.

adamlewis: hey Adam! I hear you man, you're right about the feet I was going to be lazy because she's going to wear skates but in the end it's always good to study anatomy so I'll post an updated version asap

mikezoo: I acually meant just a hot chick with (4 wheels) skates dressed up like a s.. well with sexy clothes :) something like this:

http://api.ning.com/files/sqLcC6DHS30B0HUlsjPzj1qUTpn2btW*3BMJJNMqrW807XwLU* SEbUT-UZpBe-is7eltyfyVVUX4BxV5RX7QQlbHk6axFG*7/roller_girl_455.jpg

well maybe not so punk-emo-cheesy. What I'm 100% certain about are hot pants and tube socks.
    But your suggestion made me think I could go for a slightly more aggressive
    type so thanx a lot.

BradMyers82: it's funny I actually thought about that and she's gorgeous in that movie but then since I wanted to do something a little stylized and chicks, at least for me, are a tough challenge, I didn't want to struggle with getting a likeness as well. Maybe in a near future.

butt_sahib: thanx a lot man!

well, I'll get back to sculpting so that I can post an update soon, thanx for all your suggestions guys!
  • philnolan3d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Try looking up candy kids and raver pics. Might be good reference if that's what you're going for.