Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Mass Effect: Assault Rifle (WIP)

polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
Joshflighter polycounter lvl 9
This is the Mass Effect Assault rifle I started yesterday. This is my first Sub-divided model that was fully made to be finished.

render11copy.jpg

Thanks to Disaster for keeping an eye over me a lot of the time, and giving me hints/tips. I owe you big time man. Thanks.

Replies

• DEElekgolo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DEElekgolo interpolator
    Disaster? I thought I was the one that helped you.
  • Racer445
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Racer445 polycounter lvl 12
    I'd round out a lot of the shapes, especially the top. The design isn't too pleasant to look at with all those really hard shapes.

800px-MilitaryTurian.jpg
  • torontoanimator
    perna wrote: »
    *Betray'd*

epicl fail D=
  • Disaster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Disaster polycounter lvl 9
    Nah, I was the one who watched over him and helped him the most dee. I watched him model in teamviewer for like 3 hours and gave him hints and tips and help everytime he needed them. I also taught him to sub'd model and showed him a few modifiers he didn't know how to use.

Not saying you didn't help him but I know I helped him the most ^_^

Cheers. Also, Yeah I agree with racer, the mesh needs to be rounded off a bit.
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    i think you'll find i helped the most! :D

looks pretty good, but definitely too... boxy. need some nicer swooping curves instead of all the straight lines, then it'll look more sci-fi
  • Joshflighter
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joshflighter polycounter lvl 9
    You helped me with one thing and then showed me other stuff that I didn't need for this. I don't mean to sound like an ass, but if I were to thank you, then I have to thank racer, cause I watch the first parts of his recent tuts. Hope this doesn't sound offensive.
    But so I dont sound like an ass, Thanks Dee, and Racer! :)

looks pretty good, but definitely too... boxy. need some nicer swooping curves instead of all the straight lines, then it'll look more sci-fi

Yea, I agree. :p
    Racer445 wrote: »
    I'd round out a lot of the shapes, especially the top. The design isn't too pleasant to look at with all those really hard shapes.
    -Mass effect ingame pic here-

Yea, I will render it now:

awesomerendercopy.jpg

I wont be working on this one anymore. Thanks a lot for the crit guys. I will apply it to my next model. :)