Home Digital Sketchbooks

Sketchbook: beartraps

polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
beartraps polycounter lvl 8
Hey everyone! Ive been doing game art for about 3 months now and I'm about to take my first 3d sketch dump...: Feel free to critique!

Walther P99, first low-poly normal mapped game model, about 1560 tris:

Picture16.png
Picture12-1.png
Picture13.png
FPSview.jpg

Ammobox, around 1200 tris:

Picture10-1.png
Picture11-1.png
Picture1-19.png

Barrier, around 700 tris:

Picture1-14.png
Picture2-4.png
Picture3-6.png

Barricade around 300 tris:

Picture1-20.png
Picture2-8.png
Picture3-10.png

Replies

• MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    pretty cool stuff, although i don't see why that ammo box is 1200 triangles, it really looks like it should be much, much less...
  • Nizza_waaarg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nizza_waaarg polycounter lvl 15
    p99 turned out great man.
    i really like the barricade and the conc block, dunno if it's just the graffiti but it looks a little unique (which is nice considering how many concrete blocks everyone's doing :P).

the ammo box looks a bit too worn in tho (scratches and stuff are turned up really high on teh normal map), and it looks like it's filled with gold bullion rather than bullets but that might just be me :\
  • Ged
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ged interpolator
    u gonna put these all in one scene?
  • beartraps
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @ MoP- I agree about the box, most of those extra tris are from the rounded cylindrical parts. Without those it would probably be around 500 tris.

@ Nizza- Thanks man, and I agree with u as well and i was thinkin the same thing about the damage. Im gonna tone it down because it looks like overkill. The bullet also give off too much specular so ill tone that down as well

@ Ged- Ill probably put the gun and box in one scene on top of a table and use the other stuff for an environment one day.
  • beartraps
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Took off some of the damage, tweaked the specular and normals:
    Picture1-21.png
    Picture3-11.png
    Picture5-10.png
  • Nizza_waaarg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nizza_waaarg polycounter lvl 15
    lookin heaps better man... and yeah those cylindrical curving bits eat up tri's like crazy >_<

also, just throwing it out there, considered desaturating the colour on the bullets a little, maybe pushing the yellow down a bit? Kindof a small thing but just thought i'd mention it :P

bullet.jpg
  • beartraps
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    word, thanks for the ref nizza. i think the bullets look muuuuch better:
    Picture6-12.png
    Picture7-5.png