Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Recent art dump - looking for work

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
FAT_CAP polycounter lvl 18
Well, in the light of the current situation at Midway Newcastle I have decided to update my portfolio with the work that I have been working on from the end of Wheelman up to present.

Im not allowed to explicitley name which project this first set are from but I'm sure some fo you guys will be able to figure it out. There is a mood trailer up on Gametrailers for the game and a website for the game with screenshots and artwork etc.

The game was to be set in a near future "neo-noir" environment with stark shadows and intense lighting situations, gritty streets and a detective who had to take moral choices which would impact the game world. This was a blast to work on and the stylised characters went through quite a bit of different sylistic choices before settling into more of a groove. It was really refreshing to work on something a bit more stylised after working on Wheelman.

Examples of the different styles we toyed around with in early development

Styles.jpg

illustrative_sumo_persp.jpg

noir_sumo.jpg

YoungCop.jpg

Examples of some "finished" assets - note these are just renders from MAX with a simple light setup and diffuse, normal and spec textures. There were plans to stylise the shaders to reflect the initial concept artwork and style tests but these never got implemented.

UrbanDread_Head.jpg

UrbanDread_Body.jpg

Junkie_Orthos.jpg

Junkie_Orthos_body.jpg

Tramp_Head.jpg

Tramp_Body.jpg

Images from an unannounced art test 2009.

Likeness of Daley Thompson produced with turnaround from base to finished render in 7 days which was hard work - especially since neither me or the other character artist had any real previous experience with Mental Ray shaders or HDR/ Final Gather rendering.

DaleyZbrush.jpg

Daley_HDR.jpg

And finally a personal work in progress. We have the rest of our notice periods to work on our personal portfolios so I'm going to be concentrating on this mech/ organic monstrosity. This guy will also help me brush up on my Maya skills as I've been a MAX user for a long time!

Orga_mech.jpg

Last of all if anybody has any leads for any freelance work, or any UK studios in need of a character artist in the future I would be really appreciative if you could drop me a mail :)

Replies