Home Technical Talk

Max weirdness (extrude and undo)

[Deleted User]
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
[Deleted User] polycounter lvl 18
I've been getting this bug somewhat regularly lately and I'm not sure what causes it. Quitting and restarting Max does fix it, so it's just an inconvenience, but I'm wondering if there's something that's known to trigger it (so I can avoid doing that) or any other ways of solving it (to save time). Here it is in convenient picture form:
2lctpy1.jpg
Right before this, the undo starts not working properly either. It undoes, but not within the object I'm currently working on. It just goes back and reverses changes I made to other objects in the scene. Is there maybe a keyboard shortcut that enables that as a "feature" that I could be hitting accidentally or something?

I tried it with and without the nefarious keyboard shortcut override enabled, but it had no effect. It seems to occur after I've been using PolyDraw strips on a surface, but not every time; so I don't know if there's any real connection there.

This is Max 2010 on XP 32. Thanks for any info anyone may have.

Replies

• pior
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pior grand marshal polycounter
    Had the same gizmo issue in 2009 too. Is there any specific tool you need in 2010? If not I'd suggest reverting to an older version of the app.

Sorry I'm not of much help on that one!
  • mLichy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I've had that shit happen too many times in 2010 in the last couple weeks at work. I've almost never had that issue in 2009.

I would be moving an element on my model, or even a UV Shell and weeeeee, there goes my damn mesh like 100 units off into the distance, and of course you can't undo. So then I have to re-start max.
  • Yozora
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yozora polycounter lvl 11
    Been using 2009 for a while now, havent had this problem ever happen but I noticed this once when I was trying out max 2010 demo so I guess it is something to do with max 2010.

I've also ran into the "un-undoable" bug a few times, but I have no idea how or why it happens.
  • mLichy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Max 2010 is buggy as hell right now. I would hold off on it until they release a patch or two. If you really have to play around with it, go for it, but if you really need to get work done, use 2009.