Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Choppers

choppers_large.jpg

i worked on modeling, texturing & Lighting in this .... I'll be happy to get as much comments and ctitics as I can.. Thx : )

Replies

• OBlastradiusO
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    OBlastradiusO polycounter lvl 11
    I like it, but that red brick background isn't doing it for me. How bout having a blue sky background to contrast the red seat on the bike. You could also add a cube map reflection on the bike too for more realism.
  • renderhjs
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    renderhjs sublime tool
    very blurry rendering and with the red bricks its flickering a lot in my eyes. Maybe desaturate the background or tint it slightly towards blue, green grey,... something differnt as your chopper tank color.

Below the tank there is a big hole, everything else looks good density wise but there is a hole,- maby add some wires there or make it less bit the hole.

The perspective is almost perfectly from the side which makes it difficult to read the 3d shape - maybe turn the camera slightly or move the camera a little bit more up so one can see the front and or top as well.

The tire on the backwheel looks odd to me,- almost like a alien something and from a engineering perspective almost like as if it would not last long due of the carves in them that follow into the inner wheel (it would most likely tear apart there because there is so much pressure/ energy there when driving).

No texture & UV stuff? :D I can see that you avoided that because you picked materials that are equal throughout the whole model which makes it look unrealistic. Better would be some texture map that shows some torch seams, dirt, burn or dust marks (copper and other metals get that sometimes) or perhaps some small signs, bolts, etc.
  • Dreamsin3D
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thanks for the critics renderhjs ...........

choppers2_large.jpg
  • renderhjs
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    renderhjs sublime tool
    wow big difference, thats already a lot better

some more crits:
    in the exhaustion pipe at the rear the is a bubble in it which looks odd almost like a unclean base subdiv model - maybe streamline that shape there more.

its drifting in the air,- at least its not visible how it stands on the ground because like that it would flip down - so it needs some kind of stand.
  • Neox
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Neox godlike master sticky
    you should defeinitely think about using different anti aliasing options, the image is totally blurred
  • OBlastradiusO
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    OBlastradiusO polycounter lvl 11
    Yeah that background looks a lottt better. I agree with neox you should fix your render. If your using max I would render that with catmull rom filter to sharpen the blurry edges. After that you should fix that back wheel because the treads looks different than the front tire. It looks too pillowy. Other than that it's lookin good.
  • oobersli
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oobersli polycounter lvl 17
    background looks better.. but are those parking spots that its parked on? if so you might want to consider rescaling it.