Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Faceplant WIP

Hey Guys,
Made a skatepark level for a class, but not completely finished, particularly in the materials (concrete) wanted to get some critiques and recomendations before i went further with it

the level is really low poly, the idea is that its a skate park made in an old concrete warehouse. the level was mainly designed for doing awesome jumps with the hoverboard and scorpion.

made the level in unreal took less than a week total to make

critiques and comments welcome

thanks

Highres_Screenshot_00027.jpg
Highres_Screenshot_00029.jpg
Highres_Screenshot_00030.jpg
Highres_Screenshot_00032.jpg

Replies

• MRico
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MRico polycounter lvl 10
    Not really digging the fact that it's a mirrored skatepark. The walls are looking empty, maybe some more beams on the roof, some fans some trash. Some chipping paint on the walls, it needs more of an "old warehouse" feel to it.

Besides that it looks pretty cool, get some screenshots of you flying through the air!
  • ericdigital
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ericdigital polycounter lvl 13
    The scale is really weird
  • Agent Michael Scarn
    AutopsySoldier: Totally agree with you. Im gonna be putting new wall textures on pretty soon. the concrete texture is just a place holder while i make a better texture. as for the mirrored part, im gonna be adding some different features to each side to make each one lsightly different from the other

ericdigital: the map is huge and I designed specifically for players to utilize the hoverboard and vehicles. with either of those travel across the map is really quick.

thanks for the comments!
  • Mtg_kirin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    major issues are in the concrete. IT doesnt tile well. (but i read its a place holder)

I also dont like the mirror aspect (but guess your fixing that too)

but my last little thing is the quarter pipes along the wall. There is no use for them there (in a real skatepark) because theres not enough room to enter it. Theres like 3-6ft before it... rendering it useless.