Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Autopsy's Work

polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
MRico polycounter lvl 10
Sup guys?

I usually post over at GA, but I really want to get better so I'm here to seek some more comments and crits on my work.

When I started 3d I mainly wanted to be an environment guy, but once I tried character modeling...that's pretty much the only thing I've been working on.

Here's some anatomy practice that I've been working on, comments and crits are welcomed!

Buffdude07.jpgBuffdude08.jpg

Replies

• Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I really like it, you've put a lot of thought and work into it so far nice job =)

A few points (keep in mind I'm still learning character stuffs)
    - The hip transition from torso to leg is a little too compartmentalized.
    - The ankles seem a bit thick, or the feet are a bit small? If you take the foot it should fit the size of the forearm. Heel goes in the crook of the elbow, toes should fall around the wrist. Very rough proportional test but usually helps block things in.
    - Forehead looks a little large along with the ears but faces and heads come in all shapes and sizes. Just looks a bit stylized is all.
    - I'm not sure if you're going for a classic anatomy figure without skin or fat? If its a regular human with those things then he's very vacuum sealed looking, if that makes sense.

I think its a cool look but gotta be careful not to confuse muscle drawings that are minus a few layers vs living people. Probably good to nuts and really dig in like you're doing when learning?

Cool stuff keep it coming.
  • MRico
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MRico polycounter lvl 10
    Thanks Vig, yeah I agree with all your points and well definitely work on those later today.

Well...every time I practice anatomy...this happens, where it's a mix between traditional anatomy figures...and a real person with skin and fat. It's because I always start indicating the muscles...then later when it comes to make it look like a real person, is where I start fucking up.

That's something I need to work on, because it is suppose to be a real person, but I do agree that it also looks like a traditional muscle study.