Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Autopsy Table

Hey,

I've been working on this autopsy table in my spare time finally got around completing it just wanted to know what you guys thought. Texture sheet size is 512x512 as I did not state that on the link.

http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk9/Jeevan_Rupra_07/AutopsyTablePresentation.jpg

Replies

• Zack Fowler
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zack Fowler polycounter lvl 11
    Heya JeeVz, did you make a high-poly model for this or is it just the low-poly and textures? If you didn't, you should definitely consider doing so since baking down from high poly models is pretty much the standard these days for significant assets like this.

Either way, you should give more consideration to the edges on the surfaces. Right now it looks a little bit like the object was hewn out like a diamond -- the sharp edges are perfectly sharp and don't show any more wear and tear than the general surface. You should give the corners and edges some kind of highlighting to show where paint has been chipped away or the metal has been scratched/polished up.
  • JeeVz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cheers for the comment zack

I've just modeled a low poly and created a normal map myself. I was thinking of doing a high poly version but as this is near complete i will take that into consideration for my next project.

I will work on the textures in the area you have said and should hopefully have an update soon.