Home Technical Talk

Blender's Interpolation Woes

Uh, instead of a text wall I was going to write...

I'm making low-poly models in Blender, and I'm relatively new to the whole 3D art form at all. I'm a long-time pixel artist, and as such I want to continue that pattern for my textures. I've UV-Mapped and unwrapped a model to a small texture of mine with the hope that it would be pixelated and clear-cut. Sadly however I am treated to a blurry vomit of my well pixeled texture, and I cannot find the way to turn off interpolation/oversampling/anti-aliasing for my texture.

Can anybody help me? I'm using Blender 2.48a, and I'm very close to being done with this model.

Replies

• jrs100000
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jrs100000 polycounter lvl 8
    Pull down the top bar to get to your preferences panel. Goto 'System & OpenGL'. Unselect Mipmaps.

At least I think this is what your trying to do...never had a reason to try it myself.
  • Zee.kthxbai
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thank you, that's exactly what I needed. But now don't I feel the fool, they really tucked that away.
  • Richard Kain
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Richard Kain polycounter lvl 18
    Using that method will disable mipmaps for the entire program. It is possible to disable mip-mapping on a Material basis as well. You just have to go into the texture tab in the buttons window, and disable the interpolation option for the texture you are assigning to your model. Of course this is assuming you are attempting to render your model. If you are trying to disable mipmapping for the game engine, or disable it for the 3D window rendering, the first method would probably be what you are looking for.