Home General Discussion

WTF? All these threads and nothing on the BEST surprise...?

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
odium polycounter lvl 18
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-09-crackdown-2/49990

Come on man, I nearly wet myself when I heard the orb...?

Replies

• adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    Oh god, Jay Evans you poor bastard.
  • ae.
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ae. polycounter lvl 12
    ok i played crackdown for the 360 beat the game and everything but dont realise what the whole fuss is about? to me it was pretty generic and boring.

All i want to know is why you guys thought it was so great? would really help me figure out if im missing something?
  • odium
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    odium polycounter lvl 18
    Without sounding rude... Get a friend.

Seriously, grab a friend, fire it up, and just say "fuck it". Grab a beer and just go have fun. I've had some amazing times in Crackdown, and that Orb sound still haunts my dreams to this day :D
  • Okt
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Okt polycounter lvl 19
    odium wrote: »
    Without sounding rude... Get a friend.

Seriously, grab a friend, fire it up, and just say "fuck it". Grab a beer and just go have fun. I've had some amazing times in Crackdown, and that Orb sound still haunts my dreams to this day :D

I have two fucking agility orbs left... GAH!
  • odium
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    odium polycounter lvl 18
    I have about 2 more of the super secret ones, got all the others, and it really pisses you off because even with a map of them all you still have no idea lol :(

I need to get this this week. Its on my todo list...
  • Jay Evans
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jay Evans polycounter lvl 18
    ya, I had great times with it co-op. Its fun, not to serious, and full or random gameplay events, and big explosions. What's not to like:P

But ya its not really some epic new IP that brings a whole lot new. Just a lot of fun.
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joshua Stubbles polycounter lvl 19
    I liked Crackdown. Had no idea the sequel was announced :D
    Looking forward to it!
  • JohnnyRaptor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JohnnyRaptor polycounter lvl 15
    Good thing is, its from the original crew who made it XD so u can be sure it will stay true
  • Marine
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Marine polycounter lvl 18
    crackdown was badass. all 2 needs is amped up abilities and destructible environments. building in the way? throw a bus through it.
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    Had a blast playing it at Jay's house a few times. There's something about picking up civilians and tossing them in to the ocean I found so awesome. Maybe it was that I was inebriated, maybe not. Don't judge me.

Finding orbs made the game, IMO.
  • odium
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    odium polycounter lvl 18
    What 2 needs is higher levels... Every time I levels up I was a complete bad ass... But it was maxed out way too soon :(
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    A more streamlined front-end wouldn't hurt either. IIRC it felt clunky.

As well, I wouldn't mind a more consistent art style from the characters to the environments. The characters and how they were rendered was badass where-as the world sort of fell flat, IMO. Would nice if it was unified somewhat.
  • Jesse Moody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jesse Moody polycounter lvl 17
    adamBrome wrote: »
    HThere's something about picking up civilians and tossing them in to the ocean I found so awesome. Maybe it was that I was inebriated, maybe not. Don't judge me.

Finding orbs made the game, IMO.

Oh that was so fun. With another person in co-op. AMAZING. Just chucking cars around being a super bully...
  • skankerzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oh sweetness1!

I loved part one.
  • Quokimbo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ae. wrote: »
    ok i played crackdown for the 360 beat the game and everything but dont realise what the whole fuss is about? to me it was pretty generic and boring.

All i want to know is why you guys thought it was so great? would really help me figure out if im missing something?

QFT, never played Co-op though.
  • Rox
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rox
    I never got to play coop either, but I think Crackdown was one of the sandboxiest sandboxes I've ever got to mess around in, and I LOVED it for that. The actual game was a bit too repetitive, not much content in the way of weapons and missions and bad guys... But the environment was so beautiful and so fun to hop around in, and it was so fun to find all the orbs and level up your guy, and bounding about with all stats maxed out, throwing cars around and blowing people to bits from miles away is such an enormously gratifying experience. Not to mention the graphics were amazing!

Because of that, I still rate it very high. Even though the missions kinda sucked. And some enemies were rather dumb. And the measly five levels of abilities wasn't nearly incremental enough. Sure, you really notice a difference when you gain one level, and that's fun, but you only get to experience the thrill of levelling up a couple of times before you're maxed out. But still, amazing game, and I would love to get the sequel if it turns out to not suck. Which it probably won't! Just give me some more creative weapons and more creative use of the abilities, a new/bigger city to roam and more levels to gain, and I'll chomp it down like cotton candy.
  • Rick Stirling
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rick Stirling polycounter lvl 18
    I always recommend Hulk Untilmate Destruction to people who liked the original Crackdown. A big city, you played as The Hulk, jumped around, collected Orbs to power up and unlock new moves and you to SMASH.
  • odium
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    odium polycounter lvl 18
    I accidentally Hulk...?
  • glib
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I always recommend Hulk Untilmate Destruction to people who liked the original Crackdown. A big city, you played as The Hulk, jumped around, collected Orbs to power up and unlock new moves and you to SMASH.

And if you'd liked either of those, try Prototype in a couple of weeks.

I felt the same way about crackdown as ae and Quokimbo, but then I played it very late (ie. halo 3 had already been out for at least 6-8 months) so maybe that colored my vision of it. But if you found that so fun, then prototype should be right up your alley.