Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Slag - small flying creature

polycounter lvl 14
Offline / Send Message
Axcel polycounter lvl 14
Hello. I wish to present you my second game art project in my first thread on Polycount so... welcome. :)

A Slag is my second monster inspired of ROSE Online Game and not last one which I will do.
Some of rules and restrictions I took from Dominance War challenge.
Because one of rules is obligatory pedestal in scene, so I made a cylindrical block of fantasy ice which creature was tethered to.
Project isn`t very complex so I didn`t need all 10k from tris limit. I`m thinking about my own budget - 2k tris. What do you think?
Also I want to use smaller maps (1024 instead 2048 - separately for pedestal and character.

Pedestal and line is already low poly (490 tris ice, 84 stake and 202 line), modelled in 3ds max and a bit sculpted in Zbrush.
Slag now is high-poly (wires are just without meshmoooth) and doesn`t have sculpted skin, because it will be furry.

All creature high-poly is made in 3ds max 9, rendered by vray so far (ice block by marmoset engine).

presentation (in the background is a screen of game):
slag.jpg

wires:

3wire.jpg

9wire.jpg

Ice (490tris + 84tris stake):
icebbn.jpg

Reference:
referencep.jpg

Zoom:

zbrojarender.jpg

Description:
Slags are harmless flying creatures, attacking in groups in over dozen members. They don`t have any higher-purpose, attack because they are malicious.
They live on covered by snow and ice, planet Luna.

Slag's teeth aren`t useful in battle, because of liking a candies they`re rotten and useless. As weapon to serve claws and attached objects which Slags can to throw down on enemy from air, thanks to dextrous legs.

Generally this flying creatures don`t use magic, but they have a frosty blow with harmless paralyzing properties, unknown to anybody.

Update:

Final screens:

comp1.jpg

comp2.jpg

comp3.jpg

comp4.jpg

comp5.jpg

maps.jpg

construct.jpg

slag_z_tlem.jpg

slag_z_tlem2.jpg

Replies