Home Artists Looking For Work

XBox XNA Video Game

Hi everyone,

I'm currently working on a 2D platformer title for the XBox (hopefully the XBox Arcade). You can check out a small video demo at [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bDmVNj8jcw[/ame]

The basic gimmick of the game is a new random level generator that -- as far as I know -- has never really been done well, or at all, in a 2D platformer. The algorithm allows for the creation of new levels on the fly, of any difficulty desired. The video above is of a few particularly challenging levels, but the algorithm can make much more difficult levels.

I'm looking to hire some 2D artists to help with the project.

Contact me at jordan.efisher@gmail.com if you're interested.

Cheers,
Jordan

Replies

• TheEzEzz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi everyone! Thanks for all the e-mails so far. I'd like to clarify a few things:

1) Yes, this is a paying gig!

2) Our time schedule is for the next two months, June and July. Over that period we're looking to design and implement somewhere between 50 - 100 creatures/objects with a handful of backgrounds.

3) We'd prefer a single artist that can handle background work, monster design, as well as monster animation. We definitely welcome creative input from the artist, and would likely commission "open" pieces from the artist, in addition to specific requests.

Also, the YouTube video is, unfortunately, quite low quality. If you'd like to see a higher res screen shot to get a better feel for the style we are after send me an e-mail.

Cheers,
    Jordan Fisher