LP + normals in game
tuttotal.jpg

Just in case, no spoilers please, not too far in the show yet

Replies

• Seaseme
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Seaseme polycounter lvl 8
    So that's the gun Snape used to kill John Locke.
  • HandSandwich
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HandSandwich polycounter lvl 18
    Seaseme wrote: »
    So that's the gun Snape used to kill John Locke.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
  • [Deleted User]
    Hey, you never know what somebody will randomly say :D
  • Seaseme
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Seaseme polycounter lvl 8
    I was just kidding. Snape killed dumbledore.

Your gun looks awesome though man, Looking forward to seeing some textures put on that beast :)
  • TheWinterLord
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TheWinterLord polycounter lvl 17
    Seaseme wrote: »
    I was just kidding. Snape killed dumbledore.

Your gun looks awesome though man, Looking forward to seeing some textures put on that beast :)

NOOOOOOO! :(
  • misterboogie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    misterboogie polycounter lvl 11
    Great job on the pistol! Looks ace in game.
  • whats_true
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    whats_true polycounter lvl 15
    Very cool looking! The design is really fresh.
  • [Deleted User]
  • CammieDee666
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    that wood looks amazing
  • [HP]
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [HP] polycounter lvl 13
    Looking at the model, scratches are a bit randomly placed, instead of smartly placed, if you know what i mean.
    but after i opened up the texture sheets, I noticed you actually had a lot of work to place some decent scratches on the specular, but it doesnt really work on the final 3d piece, because of those random scratches! I'd say get rid of them, and you'll have one fine piece here!

The wood texture is definitely nice, but I'm not sure about the color. The wood in the original ref is a bit more redish, and I guess if you picked the same color for your texture, it would look much better! just try it out with a quick HUE change on PS, it would look like this:
    71i3yt.jpg

Also the letters you added look a bit fake, you could try and wear them down a bit so they blend in with the metal or something, as it is right now it makes the pistol looks a bit plastic, and way too sci-fi'ish imho.

Apart from that, badass work! really inspiring for something I'm working on ATM! :)

cheers
  • 00Zero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    very nice.

i agree about the wood. it should be more red, less saturated, and darker. also could use some darker parts where the fingers rub against it usually.

i also agree with slightly less amount of random scratches. and instead of going with clearly defined scratches on the edges, id go with a bit more blurred, like its worn instead of scratched. the refernce you first posted shows this the best.

i wonder how it would look with the lettering pressed into the metal intead of painted on.

anyway, great job.
  • Minos
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Minos polycounter lvl 16
    Looks very nice! But why does every gun model nowadays have soo many scratches? It looks like someone rubbed this gun on the asphalt just to "make it look cool".

Subtle edge work is ok, but placing random scratches everywhere doesn't add up to making your model look better. I know it's a little easy to get carried away with this stuff but you need to find a balance.
  • pliang
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pliang polycounter lvl 17
    Instead of scratches, noise and some discoloration in the textures would be more interesting to look at.

And yeah, the wood could use some variation, perhaps make it a little red and worn out may be a nice direction to go into.
  • PhattyEwok
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PhattyEwok polycounter lvl 9
    Isn't that the gun Starbuck uses to kill herself with jk jk lol
  • dolemite
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wow great model!

I agree on the discoloration instead of so many scratches. Some of the scratches make sense and can be seen in the reference. But some just seem like filler.

Good work!
  • [Deleted User]
    Minotaur0 wrote: »
    Looks very nice! But why does every gun model nowadays have soo many scratches? It looks like someone rubbed this gun on the asphalt just to "make it look cool".

Subtle edge work is ok, but placing random scratches everywhere doesn't add up to making your model look better. I know it's a little easy to get carried away with this stuff but you need to find a balance.
    Well if you think about the setting, these weapons see heavy use and cannot be replaced... I don't really go for this level of wear, generally, but I think it's appropriate given the conditions. Plus I think it's altogether palatable from the FPV angle :)

The wood, yeah, the color isn't really right, it's the first time I've painted wood in a looooong time and I guess I was happy enough to have something that looked like wood that I just let it go :D But yeah, it's definitely not the distinctive red from the series, might change that.